I have a wiring plan, but I am not sure if its covered by the FIOS installation.
american5abi

I have only ordered FIOS Internet but I am thinking about getting FIOS TV soon.

I want to install the Actiontec router next to my TV, so when I get the FIOS TV, I won't have to run a long wire between the router and the box. Also, it will be very close to the ONT (about 4-6 feet). However, my desktop is in another room, and I will need a CAT5 wire installed between my computer and the router. Will that be covered in the installation?

If you can think of another workaround, please let me know.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: I have a wiring plan, but I am not sure if its covered by the FIOS installation.
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
The wire from the ONT to the Router is included in the installation. Verizon will run wire from the Router to your computer but that is usually billable unless your computer is very close to the router.
0 Likes
Re: I have a wiring plan, but I am not sure if its covered by the FIOS installation.
Brennoko
Contributor - Level 1

Hi american5abi,

When you get Fios TV service installed, the Actiontec router will be connected to your TV box through the coax in your house. If you have a working coax jack in the same room as your computer, then you would not need any extra cables run from the router to the TV. If not, then the tech can run a coax cable to the room with the computer from a coax splitter to provide that connection.

Connecting the router in the room with the computer should end up being a lot easier then having it next to the TV and running CAT5 to your computer.

0 Likes
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3

@american5abi wrote:

I want to install the Actiontec router next to my TV, so when I get the FIOS TV, I won't have to run a long wire between the router and the box.

I have to ask...What box are you referring to?  In a  typical installation with or without Television, the router is generally placed near the computer.  Do you have some special needs that require broadband next to your televisions?

Just wanted to add, if your considering FioS Television  you may want to consider having it all done at once.  It makes life a little easier and they can wire to accomodate to your needs the first time.

Message Edited by Provider7 on 01-15-2009 12:13 PM
0 Likes