IHA stopped working after upgrade to OS X Yosemite
nsg219

I upgraded my Mac to Yosemite and In Home Agent stopped working. Whenever I try to run it I get the message "Connection Timed Out." I even downloaded the latest IHA and reintstalled it. I still get the Connection Timed Out message.

0 Likes
Re: IHA stopped working after upgrade to OS X Yosemite
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Some programs broke during the upgrade to Yosemite. I have an IM client I use, Adium that suffers from similar issues. Verizon will need to issue an update. Or, you could just try re-installing the software if you really want it.

0 Likes
crunchyfrog

I have the same problem. I reinstalled IHA but it didnt fix the problem.

It seems everytime I upgrade Mac OS I have to spend a day fixing an assortment of problems. Macs are fantastic machines but I wish I could say the same about their software people.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Every operating system encounters the same assortment of issues. Linux is that operating system that will often times need a bit of work after a major distribution update. On the flip side, it is designed to be a rock solid and high availability OS.

Windows, I'm sure you know what happens to drivers and even financial software every OS upgrade. They tend to be horribly broken, especially when Microsoft updates their security model. Half of the time the problem is due to sloppy programming, and the rest is due to developers either not testing builds fully against release candidates, or the program is end of life.

Mac OS is the same deal.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

ps:  IHA is actually not worth having installed.  I recommend uninstalling it completely.  Don't know about the MAC version but the Windows version is STILL very buggy and prone to causing unnecessary problems.

0 Likes
nsg219
I tried reinstalling. The new version produced the same issue, "Connection timed out."
0 Likes