IP Multicasting over WiFi w/ ActionTec router
bmorrow1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon Community,

I have been having difficulty with connecting to some 3rd pary equipment over WiFi, The equipment is hard wired to the Verizon ActionTec model/router model # MI424WR Rev. 1 via ethernet.  We are able to discover the equipment and program it when wired to the router with our PC. When connect with the PC or mobile device over WiFi we are unable to discover and connect despite being able to identify and ping the IP address of equipment on the network. 

With other routers we do not have this issue, and we have narrowed it down to a conflict with IP Multicasting being disbaled on the FiOs router. 

The only setting that we can find to change / enable mulicasting was found in the router menu by going to:

192.168.1.1 via internet browser

-> Logging in

-->Click Advanced Tap

--->Accepting warning

---->Click routing

----->Checking IGMP setting / or unchecking it (doesn't seem to help either way)

Is there a setting / menu on the Verizon ActionTec MI424WR router that I am simplly not able to find or is hidden that will enable IP Multicasting over wifi? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: IP Multicasting over WiFi w/ ActionTec router
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Login to your router.  Then, click here:

http://192.168.1.1/index.cgi?active_page=6059&req_mode=0&mimic_button_field=goto%3a+6059..&strip_pag...

Then, set "IGMP Proxy" to disabled.

Yes, this is a hidden page on the latest firmware.

Enjoy!

View solution in original post

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Login to your router.  Then, click here:

http://192.168.1.1/index.cgi?active_page=6059&req_mode=0&mimic_button_field=goto%3a+6059..&strip_pag...

Then, set "IGMP Proxy" to disabled.

Yes, this is a hidden page on the latest firmware.

Enjoy!

ALieblein

Can someone out there help me?  I have no idea how to do this.  The link below doesn't work

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@ALieblein wrote:

Can someone out there help me?  I have no idea how to do this.  The link below doesn't work

The thread is over 5 years old.

start a new thread to get up to date exposure. 

0 Likes
ALieblein

how do i start a new thread

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

At the top of the Internet Forum choose new message.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes