Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

    Verizon Business Sites

  • WIRELESS
  • Services  
  • My Verizon  

    Email & Calls

    Check Email

    Verizon Visual 411

     

     

    Bill & Payment

    View Bill

    Pay Bill

    Pay Final Bill

    Manage Auto Pay

    Manage Paper Free Billing

    My Services

    Add or Change Services

    Renew or Change Bundle

    Review Account

    Manage My Internet

    Manage My Voice

     

  • Support  

    Community help

     

     

     

     

  • Watch FiOS  

    Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

    Watch Free TV & Movies

     

     

    Rent or Buy

    Set your TV Viewing Experience

  • Trending  

    Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

     

     

     

     

     

    See what's Trending!

Reply
Contributor
mbd1968
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎01-24-2010
0 Kudos

IPOD Touch and Wifi Hotspots

I know it possible to use the IPOD at home but can I configure it to search automatically for the wifi hotspots when I'm out and about?

 

Thanks.

M.

Silver Contributor IV
jumpin68ny
Posts: 1,766
Registered: ‎05-14-2009
0 Kudos

Re: IPOD Touch and Wifi Hotspots

Yes it is.  I don't see how this question applies to Verizon FIOS service though.  

 

Jim

 

Copper Contributor
biikman
Posts: 11
Registered: ‎02-13-2010
Location: NY
0 Kudos

Re: IPOD Touch and Wifi Hotspots

there's also a nice little app called eWifi that will also show many wi-fi signals that don't show up in the wifi- settings.

Nickel Contributor
mleduc3565
Posts: 86
Registered: ‎10-27-2009
0 Kudos

Re: IPOD Touch and Wifi Hotspots

If you are talking about http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/WiFi/howtogetit/ then it won't work on an IPOD. It only works on windows paced laptops after you install a verizon program.

 

Platinum Contributor I
prisaz
Posts: 6,813
Registered: ‎08-23-2008
0 Kudos

Re: IPOD Touch and Wifi Hotspots

 


mleduc3565 wrote:

If you are talking about http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/WiFi/howtogetit/ then it won't work on an IPOD. It only works on windows paced laptops after you install a verizon program.

 


 

I think Verizon should come out with an IPOD touch app that works on the Iphone.:smileyvery-happy:

 

Bronze Contributor I
i_like_turtles
Posts: 100
Registered: ‎06-17-2009
Device: iPhone
0 Kudos

Re: IPOD Touch and Wifi Hotspots


prisaz wrote:

 


mleduc3565 wrote:

If you are talking about http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/WiFi/howtogetit/ then it won't work on an IPOD. It only works on windows paced laptops after you install a verizon program.

 


 

I think Verizon should come out with an IPOD touch app that works on the Iphone.:smileyvery-happy:

 


i highly doubt that verizon would come out with an app for a phone that is not even on the verizon network.

 

there are ALWAYS ways of getting your iphone on a wifi network though ... takes tweaking and 3rd party apps but its ALWAYS possible... you just gotta want it enough to do the research on how to do it.

... and by the way, i like turtles
All Star
viafax999
Posts: 1,729
Registered: ‎11-10-2009
Device: Chromecast tv phone
Plan: Digital Voice, 75/35
Location: Westford MA
0 Kudos

Re: IPOD Touch and Wifi Hotspots


i_like_turtles wrote:

i highly doubt that verizon would come out with an app for a phone that is not even on the verizon network.

 

there are ALWAYS ways of getting your iphone on a wifi network though ... takes tweaking and 3rd party apps but its ALWAYS possible... you just gotta want it enough to do the research on how to do it.


Just found a device called a Windy31.  A fine device that creates your own personal wap (can be shared to wireless 32 devices) using a tiny usb device connected to a wired machine, excellent for connecting an ipod in a wired environment with no wireless access.  In addition the device can be switched between transmitting and receiving mode so it can also be used as a wifi adapter for a macine that has no wifi capabilities.

Platinum Contributor I
prisaz
Posts: 6,813
Registered: ‎08-23-2008
0 Kudos

Re: IPOD Touch and Wifi Hotspots

 


i_like_turtles wrote:

prisaz wrote:

 


mleduc3565 wrote:

If you are talking about http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/WiFi/howtogetit/ then it won't work on an IPOD. It only works on windows paced laptops after you install a verizon program.

 


 

I think Verizon should come out with an IPOD touch app that works on the Iphone.:smileyvery-happy:

 


i highly doubt that verizon would come out with an app for a phone that is not even on the verizon network.

 

there are ALWAYS ways of getting your iphone on a wifi network though ... takes tweaking and 3rd party apps but its ALWAYS possible... you just gotta want it enough to do the research on how to do it.


 

I know, I was being naughty.

 

 

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

  • Visual 411