Intermittent internet service
popect

We have been having an issue with intermittent internet service for over a week now.  Speedtests show its all or nothing so it is not a "busy time of day" as verizon CS is trying to tell me.  We know what that looks like.  It is not that its a slow connection its that we have full 15 mbs down load one minute and the next we have 0mbs.  This is a new problem that emerged 7-10 days ago and we have neither changed any devices used in the house, their frequency of use, or anything else that CS is trying to blame us for.

We have continuous connection to the router but still get "no connection" errors on page loads every 5-10 minutes.  Meanwhile it appears we have full connection to our router.  now call me crazy but this seems like a line problem with fios either on the line or at the house before it goes to the router.

I called yesterday and was very nicely helped by Rick who walked us through troubleshootng to included resetting our router which we did not feel was the problem.  We humored Rick and the script he must be following from verizon and he was ery nice, helpful, and was clearly LISTENING to our issues adn explainations of what was happening.  But after all that, our problem continued.  We waited 24 hours to give our attempted fix a chance to no avail.

I call CS again today only to get Marsheila who was LESS THAN HELPFUL and outright disinterested in our plight.  I went through the issue again as if she didn't have a record of our call the day before.  She continued to tell me to try the things I had already attempted with Rick the day before....again clearly not even listening to the issue I was explaining nor the troubleshooting that had already been done.  She continued with busy times of day and all that garbage....long story short she said that she would order us a new router to be sent to the house.  No explaination that WE had to install it...not that we can't but what the heck are we paying verizon for anyway?????

I am very unhappy with verizon customer service and tech support!!!  I do not believe their attampts to help their customers are anything but half hearted.  We have been long time verizon customers and they get a good percent of our income each year but I am ready to switch to Time Warner now!!!!  With ur internet service goes our phone business as well!!!

I would like to talk to a service MANAGER but I don't know how to do that withoutspening 15 to 20 minutes talking to the robo operator again... Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Intermittent internet service
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi popect,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Popect,
We were glad to have the opputunity to assist you with this matter. Since we have not heard back from you with the previous resolution, we have closed out your support case. If in the future, you ever need assistance feel free to create a new thread. 
Thank you, 
-Amanda_M

0 Likes
Jim852

I'm having exactly the same problem. My internet will be at full blast for a few minutes then not responsive at all for 10-30 seconds. This makes maintaining any sort of connection impossible (game connection, gotomypc work login) all time out and I get disconnected quickly. When surfing the web, I get "Unable to connect to the internet." 

This started happening about 2 months ago. Nothing changed on my side. I've had fios for 6 years without issues until this. After a series of phone calls, of mostly polite but not very knowledgeable reps, and having 3 field techs come out, the problem persists. 

Field tech #1 - Says there was a wiring issue and he did something to fix it. This didn't work. 

Field tech #2 - Says we had too many splitters in the house. We've had the same amount of splitters for 6 years without issue. I asked him why it would all of sudden be a problem, he said that's how it works. Less than 2 weeks later, the internet went down completely for 3 days until field tech 3 showed up.

Field tech #3 - Showed up today. Replaced the outside box (the ONT I believe?). This brought the internet back online (it had completely shut off 3 days ago), but intermittent problem persists with no improvement. Before he left, he said that if the problem is still there it would have to be something on verizon's side. 

It seems that popect was helped privately. How was his/her's issue resolved? My contract is up in about 2 weeks (thankfully) and if this can't be resolved I'll have no choice but to make the switch to optimum. They do have comparable speeds for the same amount and as long as it's stable I'll be happy. 

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Jim85

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes