Internet Activation Fee Not Waived Like Verizon States
debwilson1

I recently ordered Verizon service online.  I had some issues with ordering online so a Verizon representative helped me with finishing up the order over the phone.  - Service installed on 6/2/15

Online it stated

Installation for 3 TV's - fee waived

Internet Installation - fee waived 

Internet activation - fee waived        (I even have the Verizon order print out that shows these fees are waived)

I was also told by the representative that I "qualified" for free installation and activation the only charge I would see would be for the 4th TV outlet activation, which I agreed to. The representative also told me that since I was starting service at a certain point in the billing cycle I wouldn't receive a bill for 1 1/2 months, which was not true I received my first bill 2 days after service was installed!

Once services were installed I got a message on On Demand saying "first movie $5.99 and under on Fios", which was not true either.

Upon receiving my first bill it has a internet activation fee on it in the amount of $59.99 and the $5.99 for the movie I was supposed to get free. 

So far I love the service, but I have heard a lot of horror stories in regards to billing and I'm already experiencing it 12 days into service. I really hope this isn't how billing is going to be because I'd rather have not so great service then to have to deal with billing issues every month. 

0 Likes
Re: Internet Activation Fee Not Waived Like Verizon States
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. To contact Verizon regarding your billing, please use one of the options at Contact Us during normal business hours.

0 Likes
debwilson1

And that's exactly why I posted this issue. I am making others aware of the false advertising by Verizon and it looks like I'm not the only one with this same issue. Maybe if Verizon get's their advertising and billing issues sorted out then you won't have people posting on here with this issue.

And if I shouldn't be posting here about this then going by the other post you have responded to that has nothing to do with helping anyone...why not tell them the same thing you told me? Some of the other post that you have responded to have nothing to do with helping others here, but yet you help them and tell me "just a friendly reminder this is a forum where users help other users". 

Thanks for all your help.

FYI I have already called in, but just wanted to make everyone aware of this reoccurring problem with Verizon. False advertising and constant billing issues.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@debwilson wrote:

I recently ordered Verizon service online.  I had some issues with ordering online so a Verizon representative helped me with finishing up the order over the phone.  - Service installed on 6/2/15

Online it stated

Installation for 3 TV's - fee waived

Internet Installation - fee waived 

Internet activation - fee waived        (I even have the Verizon order print out that shows these fees are waived)

I was also told by the representative that I "qualified" for free installation and activation the only charge I would see would be for the 4th TV outlet activation, which I agreed to. The representative also told me that since I was starting service at a certain point in the billing cycle I wouldn't receive a bill for 1 1/2 months, which was not true I received my first bill 2 days after service was installed!

Once services were installed I got a message on On Demand saying "first movie $5.99 and under on Fios", which was not true either.

Upon receiving my first bill it has a internet activation fee on it in the amount of $59.99 and the $5.99 for the movie I was supposed to get free. 

So far I love the service, but I have heard a lot of horror stories in regards to billing and I'm already experiencing it 12 days into service. I really hope this isn't how billing is going to be because I'd rather have not so great service then to have to deal with billing issues every month. 

A common problem when a representive gets involved.  A had that problem when ordering online for FL from my NY address.  Online wouldn't complete so a representive had to finish the order for me.  Hopefully you can get someone to remove the fee for you. 

This is not the best place to start as it is peer to peer.  Try and get a problem open during "normal business hours".  If you don't get anywhere post again here asking if they could help you escalate the problem for you.

0 Likes