Internet Activation Fee Not Waived
pmix77

I have been a Verizon FIOS Internet customer for 4.5yrs.  I was moving to a new town and decided to add FIOS TV to it.  I spoke with a rep (on Feb 24th) because the Verizon website was too complicated to do the upgrade there without siging up for a bunch of other things I didn't need (it was all very "packaged").  I finally agreed on what I wanted and was told the Installation Fee would be waived if I set it up myself (which they did) and that there would be no activation fee for the internet.

Of course, I took a look at my second bill and the $69.99 activatin fee is on it (to pay in 3 installments).  I swear that the rep said there would be no fee.  I've also researched this and there are a ton of posts on this forum of this exact thing happening to them.  They also have similar (or worse) experiences with Verizon support...  I called and the person I spoke with was just rude about the whole thing and instead of offering to investigate just said there was nothing he could do and that they never waive the activation fee.  This is not true because others have posted that they finally waived it.

I also tried a live chat session.  The person was nice but after chatting for about half an hour the answer bottom lined to "my area of expertise is to help customers learn more about Verizon products and assist with finding information on the website."  So I'm not really sure what he was doing on the other end that whole time as he said "I apologize for the difficulties and inconvenience caused; however, I do not have access to make any changes and remove any charges."  So then why are you continuing to talk to me about this?

Anyway, I'm just really disappointed in the treatment from customer support.  And if my recorded conversation during my original order reveals that I accepted the activation fee, then I'm willing to hear it but that's not how I remember the conversation.

Thanks for listening.  Just had to vent.  You just feel helpless when talking to these people.

0 Likes
Re: Internet Activation Fee Not Waived
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi pmix77,

Sorry you are having difficulty with the activation fee. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes