Internet Activation fee?? and outlet install??!
DavidM714

it has been nothing but a headache since ive switched over to verizon from DTV and Time warner...

of course when i was sold the package there was no mention of a 69.99 internet activation fee? and i was told my first 3 TV install locations would be free... now im getting billed 69.99 x3?! what the heck? if i knew this i wouldnt have joined. i was simply lied to over the phone so verizon could make a sale.

if this doesnt get fixed there no way im hooking my other properties to this service, im shocked.

0 Likes
Re: Internet Activation fee?? and outlet install??!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Have you called the billing dept. for assistance?

0 Likes
DavidM714

I tried to for the last 20min, then my break ended. i guess i will have to set aside an hour after work to do so... such a headache.  =(

0 Likes
tbarry19

dont bother with them. i was on with them for 45 minutes last night and all they kept saying was "it is a valid charge. We cant take it off because the work has already been done". over and over i explained that wasnt the issue, that i never agreed to the charges or was made aware of them before hand and they could care less because they know you will have to pay the ealry termination fee if you cancel (which i threatened, and they have no problem with you leaving as a customer). I am not letting this go so will keep you posted if i make any progress. Maybe the BBB needs to get involved. We will see.

0 Likes
thanksdraper1

This is a recurring issue with a lot of new Verizon Fios users. I am waiting for a call back from Verizon now - (after waiting over an hour to actually speak with a person).

We recently moved in to an apartment and had FIOS installed. We hooked up a projector in our living room with has about 5-6 free outlets. For some reason the technician felt it necessary to bring in an electrician, and I didn't question it (as I believed I was going to be receiving "free installation"). After reviewing my first bill however, there appeared a $64.99 "Outlet Installation" charge. This additional fee was never communicated to me, there was no need for an additional outlet, and on top of that I tipped my technician $20 (which he accepted graciously). I almost feel like I have been conned. I should have went with my gut and stuck with Optimum, which I had in my other home and they had great customer service and no hidden fees.

0 Likes