Internet Connection Sporadically Drops Out
Munich2013

This problem has been ongoing for several months now.  Usually one or more times a day the internet connection will drop out, usually for a few minutes at a time.  Sometimes I get the yellow triangle in the taskbar, other times I don't.  I've gone back and forth with customer service several times.  Earlier this week they replaced my router to no avail.  They now tell me there are no connection drops or errors in the event logs and have tried to blame my computer/NIC.  I explained to them that it's not the connection between my NIC and the router that is breaking, but rather the connection between the router and the internet, or the connection between the router and the FiOS box.  Either way it's on the other side of the router.  I don't know why it doesn't show up in the event logs, but it is just about a daily occurrence.  So far the haven't even offered to sent a tech out.  I've gone back and forth like four or five times now, and I know the customer service reps are just trying to help, but so far it hasn't done any good.  The issue obviously needs to be escalated, so I figured I'd try here first.  Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem might be?  Has anyone else ever experienced this problem and been told there's no flags or errors in the event logs?  Thank you for your help.

0 Likes
Re: Internet Connection Sporadically Drops Out
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Munich2013,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Internet Connection Sporadically Drops Out
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Munich2013,

While we are happy to investigate any internet issues we are unable to do so without your account information. After multiple requests for this information from you in your Private Support Case without response, we have closed said case. If you still require assistance or have any other questions about your account please make a new post and we will be happy to investigate with you.

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes