Internet Issues
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

I am probably going to need to make a call to support but figured before I reached out the support team I would ask here.

I have internet 20/5.  I also have a Motorolsa 7232-P2 as my MRDVR, two 7100 and one 7100-p2.

First problem;  

1.  Unable to watch any DVR show on any other TV.  I reported a problem in the last with a certain set of STB's not able to watch MRDVR shows but now we are unable to watch any DVR show on any other TV

2.  Right now as I type this my daughter is watching an On-Demand show and there is pixilization

3.  Right now while my daughter is watching the on-demand show if I run a speed test the download comes to 12-15 meg but I'm on wireless so that's ok but when it runs the upload test the on-demand show gets real bad, no audio and picture is really not visible.    When the speed test is done she can at least watch the show.  I've done my fair share of speed tests in the past with no impact on the TV yet now its a problem.

4.  My company gives me a company provided VOIP phone and I've had this phone set up for about 4 years now.  I've never had any voice quality problems with it until recently.  When I'm on the phone folks tell me that they say it sounds like I'm under water then it comes back.  At first I would say maybe its a problem with the Internet Connection but I will be on a conference call or a direct call with folks on the same VOIP phone connected into the same location yet they have no issues.  Again, this problem has been with me on and off from time to time and seems to be getting worse and now I seem to have on-demand and DVR issues.

My Actiontec router connects to the Internet via Ethernet but also connects via COAX for the TV's.

How can I determine if the problem I am seeing is with the router?  When I run diag on the TV's I get around 24-26 db.

ANyone have any thoughts?

Thanks, Jim

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Internet Issues
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

VZ replaced the ONT today.  All is working well today

View solution in original post

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like a shoddy MoCa signal going to the router. What does the Router's Advanced LAN Statistics indicate about the MoCa speed?

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Where do I find that?

0 Likes
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1
0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Thanks.  In review of the MOCA stats... The connection speeds do fluxuate but it seems most times on dev 2 and 4 they are lower on the speeds.  Now to wait for the truck tomorrow.  Dev 2 is my MRDVR.  I don't understand the *3 

Jim

0 Likes
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

Your MOCA speeds are okay, although the 203-207 speeds aren't great.

The * indicates which of the MOCA devices is the master.  Nothing to worry about.

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Thanks

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

VZ replaced the ONT today.  All is working well today

0 Likes