Internet Security Suite wont download
EdKat428

After many attempts to activate the terms and agreement with my security suite, when I go to the process of downloading it it wont go past the download part.(Step one).  I click on it and it just  goes grey and wont let me click again and no downloading is occuring.  I have a virus on my computer already and now its getting worse because I cant download the proper protection.  Please Help

0 Likes
Re: Internet Security Suite wont download
cjacobs001
Contributor - Level 3

1.  uninstall (not just delete) any other anitvirus you may have installed

2. Use an account with elevated administrative privileges (in win 7 you may have to right click on the exe then choose run as administrator)

3.  try it in SAFE mode with networking (it may not install untill you reboot into normal mode)

4.  open msconfig and go to the startup tab.  uncheck anything that has no name.  rebbot and try

5.  get a rootkit cleaner, update it in windows, but then run it in safe mode.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
Download and install MalwareBytes Free Edition and also download SUPERAntiSpyware Portable. Use both programs to scan the PC for malicious software, removing anything found and then attempt installation of the Internet Security Suite.
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I personally and imo others have had problems trying to do it from firefox or chrome, so for the sake of argument try installing it while using either the in home agent (recommended and easy) or by logging into your account at www.myverizon.com and going to the broadband essentials and extra's section (under your bill a banner ad, and under the banner ad account tools. in that section is a link for manage broadband essentials and extra's)

this might be very helpful for you and is in the verizon mcafee knowledge base.

http://verizon.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100850&lang=en_US&prior_tid=2&AnswerID=16777217&turl...

the part that looks most helpful is the end

1. Download and run the PreInstall Tool:
    Click the following link and save the file to your desktop: http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/McPreInstall.exe.
    1. Double-click the McPreInstall.exe.
    2. Click Start button inside the Preinstall Tool.
    3. Read the warning message and click OK to agree to the changes.
    4. After the Preinstall Tool completes, click OK.
    5. Click Close and restart your computer.

then after you restart your PC - THEN try to install the Verizon Internet security.   apparently this preinstall tool cleans up common problems before you try your installation and is supposed to work real well.

remember you can either download the mcafee security using the in home agent (recommended and easy)

or by logging into your account at www.myverizon.com and going to the broadband essentials and extra's section (under your bill a banner ad, and under the banner ad account tools. in that section is a link for manage broadband essentials and extra's)

0 Likes
perseus7

after i signed up for security suite i cant download mcAfee protection...

0 Likes
nr1320
Enthusiast - Level 1

I get account subsription error

Hubrisnxs
Legend

account subscription error on new account set up usually means that its detecting more than one mcafee, maybe one that came with the pc, or a free trial you may have downloaded.   Try using mcafee's FULL uninstall utility 

"Running the McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool (MCPR.exe) removes all 2005 - 2011 versions of McAfee consumer products"

Download the removal tool from http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

once downloaded, installed and ran, restart your PC, and then Re-download the mcafee product.   I like using in home agent to install mcafee, it's fast and easy imo.  you can download it at www.verizon.com/connect, or you can use the email that verizon should have sent you.  I believe you have to log in to download it if you use that tool.  if you download the in home agent, it automatically knows who you are and you don't have to log in to download anything.  

hock2

will not download

0 Likes