Internet explorer
Eagle145

I recently purchased a new computer that has windows 7 and I am unable to

use Internet explorer. I was hoping to get help from verizon but am unable to

contact you to help with this problem, in the past I would contact Verizon and

you would take over my computer and set it up. Is this no longer an option?

Also is free help not an option

0 Likes
Re: Internet explorer
tns
Master - Level 2

YOU are on a peer to peer forum.

Some us might be able to make suggestions if you could give some more details.  What do you mean by cannot use internet explorer.  Doesn't launch?  Won't connect to some particular site?

Obviously some issues might go back to you Computer manufacturer or to Microsoft.  Verizon would be unlikely to get envolved unless All Internet service is down or you where having trouble with some Verizon component or service, e.g. email or VISS.

If you sure its a Verizon problem try calling them (1-800-verizon) or http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

Re: Internet explorer need to be connected
matthewsba

0 Likes
Re: Internet explorer
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@Eagle145 wrote:

I recently purchased a new computer that has windows 7 and I am unable to

use Internet explorer. I was hoping to get help from verizon but am unable to

contact you to help with this problem, in the past I would contact Verizon and

you would take over my computer and set it up. Is this no longer an option?

Also is free help not an option

Not sure what is meant by "in the past" but if you mean that Verizon assisted in setting up your system when they first installed FiOS service, then yes, that could have been part of the new service during the initial install.

However if at some later time you decide to change or upgrade your computers or other equipment and then expect that Verizon will set it up at no charge, I'm afraid you will not be in luck.  Presumably your gear was working at the time you decided to upgrade it, and presumably you voluntarily decided to get new gear.  The fix is on your dime.  Note that this does not mean you can't call VZ and have them check or adjust things from their end.

0 Likes