Internet light is orange and internet doesnt work
pacheco1203
Since yesterday the internet light on my verizon router has turned orange and i cannot connect to the internet. Can anyone help me?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Internet light is orange and internet doesnt work
ctorres2167
Enthusiast - Level 1
Smith6612 that worked perfectly!!!!! Unplugged router and backup battery disconnected the battery from inside. Left it unplugged for 2 minutes. Connected everything and everything works fine.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have any other services, such as TV and Phone with the FiOS Internet service? Are those two services working correctly?

I'm also curious if you have tried giving both the router and the ONT a reboot to see if that kicks them back into gear.

0 Likes
pacheco1203
I have verizon tv phone and internet. How do i reset the router and ont?
0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just switch the router off using the power switch in the back of it. While it's off, go to your ONT, and disconnect the ONT from AC Power. From there, locate the Battery Backup Unit for the ONT, and disconnect the Battery. Give the ONT 30 seconds without power, and then reconnect the battery, and finally, the AC Adapter for the ONT. Make sure TV service and Phone Service is working, and then turn the router back on. See if it comes online.

0 Likes
pacheco1203
Where is the ONT? Will this mess up my phone or tv service?
0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The ONT is either in your basement or outside. The AC adapter and Battery Backup Unit will be inside somewhere near the ONT. When you power cycle the ONT, it will disable the phone and TV service until the ONT starts back up. If you want, you can have Verizon try to reboot it from there end first before you try cycling it if you're uncomfortable with doing this. They might be able to spot other issues that are preventing the router from connecting.

0 Likes
pacheco1203
Thanks but i am going to call verizon to do it for me because i do not want to mess anything up
0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's fine. Let us know how everything goes with getting service restored.

0 Likes
pacheco1203
Do you know what is the phone number i can call to ask about this?
0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

1800VERIZON is the phone number to dial, typically. The phone menus should be easy to navigate from that point. Just remember to speak clearly if you have no option to enter in information using the phone's keypad.

0 Likes