• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Contributor
Supreme
0 Kudos

Internet speed

I have FiOS and just took the verizon.com/uptospeed test todetermine why my computer is slow, and to my surprise....my speed was slower then the 25Mbps that I pay for each month. How can my internet service (medium speed) with verizon FiOS be slower then the (low speed) service I had with Comcast? Coomcast's computer speed was very fast. Since my contract is up with Verizon, I will be going back to Comcast. By the way, Verizon has the longest hold time to speak with a customer service rep then any other utility company I have ever been in contact with.

Gold Contributor V
somegirl

Re: Internet speed

Have you done any sort of troubleshooting to figure out why your speed is low? What result did you get? Is it wired or wireless?

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
Contributor
Supreme
0 Kudos

I have done ever type of troubleshooting available, but Verizon don't know why my internet speed is low.  As I statetd before, I took Verizon's spped test and my internet speed was slower then the service I pay for each month.  I have both wire and wireless.  I never had this problem with Comcast...my interst service was lightening fast.  But i found the soluation...go back to Comcast!!!!

Gold Contributor V
somegirl

Supreme wrote:

I have done ever type of troubleshooting available, but Verizon don't know why my internet speed is low.  As I statetd before, I took Verizon's spped test and my internet speed was slower then the service I pay for each month.  I have both wire and wireless.  I never had this problem with Comcast...my interst service was lightening fast.  But i found the soluation...go back to Comcast!!!!

On the wired computer, what result did you get?

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
Contributor
Supreme
0 Kudos

My internet speed was much slower on the wired; around 17 Mbps according to Verizon's speed test.

MVP
Hubrisnxs

can you do it again on the wired, and then after you get your speedtest result - there should be a link that says show analysis or something like that.  

cut and paste that info here. 

Contributor
magda
0 Kudos

I just subscribed to 50mbps internet speed and when i ran the speedtest i dont get more than 21mps - i did troubleshoot my network, and i also reset the router - did not result in a solution .

Contributor
cecala50
0 Kudos

my iternet speed is only weak n wimpy 3.6 fix it

Contributor
cecala50
0 Kudos

speed was up to 6.8 i reset my rout to factory setting n it drop to 3.6 i cant fix it

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools