Internet speed
Supreme3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have FiOS and just took the verizon.com/uptospeed test todetermine why my computer is slow, and to my surprise....my speed was slower then the 25Mbps that I pay for each month. How can my internet service (medium speed) with verizon FiOS be slower then the (low speed) service I had with Comcast? Coomcast's computer speed was very fast. Since my contract is up with Verizon, I will be going back to Comcast. By the way, Verizon has the longest hold time to speak with a customer service rep then any other utility company I have ever been in contact with.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Internet speed
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Have you done any sort of troubleshooting to figure out why your speed is low? What result did you get? Is it wired or wireless?

Supreme3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have done ever type of troubleshooting available, but Verizon don't know why my internet speed is low.  As I statetd before, I took Verizon's spped test and my internet speed was slower then the service I pay for each month.  I have both wire and wireless.  I never had this problem with Comcast...my interst service was lightening fast.  But i found the soluation...go back to Comcast!!!!

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@Supreme wrote:

I have done ever type of troubleshooting available, but Verizon don't know why my internet speed is low.  As I statetd before, I took Verizon's spped test and my internet speed was slower then the service I pay for each month.  I have both wire and wireless.  I never had this problem with Comcast...my interst service was lightening fast.  But i found the soluation...go back to Comcast!!!!

On the wired computer, what result did you get?

Supreme3
Enthusiast - Level 1

My internet speed was much slower on the wired; around 17 Mbps according to Verizon's speed test.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

can you do it again on the wired, and then after you get your speedtest result - there should be a link that says show analysis or something like that.  

cut and paste that info here. 

magda2

I just subscribed to 50mbps internet speed and when i ran the speedtest i dont get more than 21mps - i did troubleshoot my network, and i also reset the router - did not result in a solution .

0 Likes
cecala50

my iternet speed is only weak n wimpy 3.6 fix it

0 Likes
cecala50

speed was up to 6.8 i reset my rout to factory setting n it drop to 3.6 i cant fix it

0 Likes