Re: Is Verizon Blocking Streaming Devices?
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try changing your dns servers to OpenDNS or Google servers.  There have been issues in the past where the Verizon DNS servers were using incorrect paths to the Netflix servers

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I am pretty confident noone is intentionally blocking or preventing access to those devices.  They may simply be having trouble, not connecting, but it's not artificially being done with any intention by anyone.

You would be the first report of something like that, from my experience, and also Verizon would be in breach of their TOS if they were.   If it proves they were, then you have a great news article that people would eat up. 

0 Likes
DuffDry

eljefe ,

I did as you suggested but the problem persists.  Also, I do not get the same message as you on the Sony player.   Sounds like my next step is going to be testing the devices at a neighbor's house.

Thank you for the help!

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

@DuffDry wrote:

@eljefe ,

I did as you suggested but the problem persists.  Also, I do not get the same message as you on the Sony player.   Sounds like my next step is going to be testing the devices at a neighbor's house.

Thank you for the help!

Let us know how the test goes DuffDry.  If you can connect to your Amazon account and stream a program with the same box connected to Comcast, it may then be time to bring Verizon tech support into the loop.

Or maybe someone here on the forum will come up with another suggestion to correct the problem.

Good luck.

0 Likes