Is there an outage in my area?
LoLplayer

Since there seems to be no surefire way to check, I've arrived here to ask. I live in the Manatee-Sarasota area in Florida and my fios internet and tv service are both out (I don't know about phone service because I don't own a home phone system). 

My router is displaying an orange internet light, and the wan ethernet lights are all off. I can't check my ONT because last time I had a problem, it was replaced and moved to a location where it's pretty much impossible to get to without breaking it somehow (like the last one). The router itself works perfectly fine, I just can't get any kind of internet connection out of it.

0 Likes
Re: Is there an outage in my area?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

download the fios mobile app, and part of it's troubleshooting is that it checks for outages in your area.    it also lets you do some basics and schedule a visit if you need one, you can also do a live chat through your cell too. 

I'm not sure how many florida customers are online today, I'm in the west coast.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I was on at about the same time.  I was in Bradenton, so not a general outage.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Although its not well maintained the outage page is http://www.verizon.com/support/residential/service_outage_information.htm

0 Likes