Re: Issue reaching several websites
SuBDivisions
Enthusiast - Level 2

It looks like its starting to be corrected now.. My Cell finally hooked back up to the office email, and sites are coming up correctly..

0 Likes
SuBDivisions
Enthusiast - Level 2

(Also in Nassau County)

0 Likes
DJToman

Many pings still not responding, although NYTimes.com website now responds. Looks as though someone's working the problem. This has taken far too long to fix.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

No trouble here, also in Nassau county.  However there were earlier reports this week about problems with DNS servers.  I use the OpenDNS servers rather than Verizon's DNS servers.

0 Likes
VtompVerizonSN
Enthusiast - Level 1

Seems that they are fixing or fixed the problem.  There is still some congestion.. but I just checked 20 min now.. and i can get on most websites I check.....

thank you!

0 Likes
SLR2004

It does look like there working on the issue cause some sites that were inaccessible before are now accessible. There's still a few sites that I can't access though.

0 Likes
Nobylspoon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Rockland County - Working fine now.

0 Likes
SLR2004

Update: It seems like everythings back to normal now.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

I use OpenDNS here so it was by no means a DNS issue. I could still make queries despite the routing failure, also, OpenDNS's IPs are Anycasted so they technically point to 14 or so different locations. Pretty redundant I'd say.

Anyways this should be fixed. Was told last night that the affected router was fixed.

0 Likes