Issue reaching several websites
Nobylspoon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Starting a few hours ago, I am having trouble reaching several websites. The ones that are working load quickly. Traceroutes have indicating the issue is outside of my home network but I have still reset both BHR and ONT to be safe.

Is anyone else seeing any routing issues tonight preventing access of many websites?

Re: Issue reaching several websites
Jakomcbean

Yes indeed,

the last few hours certain sites are unreachable and timeout. Others load as usual. Email and downloads from working sites are quick. Seems like a larger trunk issue. 

0 Likes
fbalest1
Same here. I can access certain sites without delay and others take forever to load. My Mac and PV are both experiencing the same issue through the verizon router. One is hard wired the other is wirelessly connected. I've never had this issue before.
0 Likes
Samuraiartguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yep, having the same problems here.

It would seem to external to my household and verizon FIOS itself, but something going on out in the 'Net itself. Many sites load normally, others very slow, some crippled, and others not at all. The one thing I have noticed, is the the more a site depends on external services, have ad or video streams, are more likely to be disabled. 

Of course Verizon's Status tool has NEVER worked, in My reccolection. [ "Sorry, this tool is unavailable at this time" ] But I do wonder what is going on down there, or wether it is local, regional, or something else.

I'M in Rockland County in the HY Hudson Valley.

K Griffith 

0 Likes
EE12

Same issue here. Though when I connect to work over VPN and go over my T1, all the sites are normal. I think this is isolated to FIOS

0 Likes
VtompVerizonSN
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have same issue with not being able to connect to certain webpages or games being allowed to connect.

Skype, Yahoo messenger works... Gmail only works on Internet Explorer but not Mozilla.

I got a text saying it will be fixed on the 13th by 5pm, then 10 on this website somewhere...

I just got the tripple play few months ago... this downtime of the internet isn't so good, specially when you go and check stats and information about football games going on.  It is what it is...

Hope they get this fixed ASAP...

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you by any chance located in or around New York? There is an outage taking place within Verizon's core network. It seems to be causing an inability to route to many Internet locations.

0 Likes
VtompVerizonSN
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am from NY, Long Island area... If it is a Server/DNS issue.. yank it out and put in some new ones???? wonder if one of them imploded or something... hope the morning/day crew can fix what the night crew couldn't.. i'm sure it was something big if it takes over night to fix... Get'm all some coffee/espresso!! 🙂

0 Likes
pbergephoto

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one experiencing this problem.  I'm in Yonkers, NY and was having trouble connecting to some websites last night.  

Is there any place online to see a list of know outages?

0 Likes
Nobylspoon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Rockland county - Still seeing issues this morning.

0 Likes