Issue with Fios Internet since 6/15/2014 with no resolution
dupsatou
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm posting this here as another attempt to get more attention to an issue I've been experiencing for over a month now.  My issue has resulted in numerous phone calls and 3 separate technician visits with no resolution provided yet.

Basically, my issue is I am paying for the 50/50 (previously 50/25) internet service and I have not been able to come anywhere close to my upload speed that I have been paying for since at least early June.  Speedtest using Verizon's own speedtest typically result in speeds of less than 5Mbps though some times the test doesn't complete at all.  The last technician visit, the tech suggested that upgrading to the 150Mbps service could solve my issues as it would get me moved to a GPON and newer rev. of ONT hardware.  So far, engineering is looking into whether not that is an option but it does not sound optimistic and its crazy that I have to resort to PAYING for a HIGHER level of service to get an issue with my current level of service resolved.

Every technician visit has resulted in the tech saying there is definitely nothing wrong with our house and that it is definitely an issues upstream.  There have been multiple suggestions of it being related to the current PON card I am on though any attempt to get the Networking team to do anything with it has been futile.  My last phone call a just now resulted in the CS rep telling me the EXACT same thing I was told back around 6/20.  "We need to send a technician out to the house so they can call and work with tier 2 networking while they are on site to see if they can tag team the problem."  I was told that word for word previously and my issue has not been resolved.  This CS Rep was also already going above and beyond to try to help me but said his hands were tied and that this was all he could do for me.

I have a very strong technical background and with that, as well as research I have done online, I am fairly certain my issue could be resolved with either being moved to a new PON card or with the current one I am on being examined/reseated/replaced/etc.  However, getting anybody at Verizon to even consider this seems to be next to impossible.

If somebody can some how help me solve this issue I would be so greatful.  My upload speeds, as they are today, are completely useless and actually are even worse then I could get from competing services or even what I can get over mobile phone with LTE.  I really want my Fios service to perform as it should and would rather not look elsewhere for service.

0 Likes
Re: Issue with Fios Internet since 6/15/2014 with no resolution
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

A tech has to come to the house and call tier 2 support to test it while they are there. Most likely a PON card issue in the C.O.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

It was a pleasure assisting you, dupsatou. If you ever need any additional assistance, you can make a new post here in the Forums. 

- Joseph_VZ

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Telcoguru wrote:

A tech has to come to the house and call tier 2 support to test it while they are there. Most likely a PON card issue in the C.O.

So was the issue resolved?

I ask as I have 75/75 service.  I have 2 machines where speedtest indicates 85/5 on a good day and more ususually 85/2.

I'm figuring the issue is with the onboard realtek nics however I just tried using Intel nics and received the same dismal performance.

0 Likes