Keep losing internet
ezaytoun

I have had Fios internet for a while, and I recently added on TV. With the TV addition I upgraded my internet speed. Since the upgrade I get occasional losses of my internet. It doesn't last long, maybe 5 seconds or so, but it happens every 15 minutes or so. It isn't too bad when I'm just surfing the web, but it makes watching On Demand and playing videogames online nearly impossible. Any idea on what the problem could be and how to fix it?

0 Likes
Re: Keep losing internet
Mauser
Enthusiast - Level 3

Check the system log in your router to see if there are any errors reported.  Also not the "Active Status" time (up time) at the bottom of the System Monitoring screen to see how long it has been since the router rebooted.  If your outages are really only 5 seconds like you said, they are not caused by router reboot, but you need to verify that.

I have had constant router reboots for the past two months with two different MI424 rev. F routers - symptoms are just as you describe, but a router reboot takes more like 30 seconds to a minute.  After I could demonstrate triggering a reboot on the routers just by doing a diagnostic ping (from inside the router, not a computer), I got them to send a tech out.  He gave me a new rev. I gigabit router, and the problem seems to be solved - no reboots in the last 24 hours.