Laptop isn't connecting but other computers are able to?
ReyesA

When I test for connectivity ( 192.168.1.1 / My Network / device information / ping  test / test connectivity ) "test failed" is returned on my laptop but for my desktop and my sister's laptop it works perfectly fine.

Before, my laptop and Nintendo DSi didn't have ANY trouble with connecting to the internet. I'm not sure what happened.

I've tried restarting my router and it still doesn't work. On my laptop it is connected but I can't go on any websites, any IM chats, or online games. Sometimes it says "Connected with Limited Access"

On my DSi I'm getting an error code: 052000-1 and it says that it's unable to obtain an IP address. Maybe it's the same for my laptop?

Well anyway, I KNOW I put the correct WEP key.

My router that I use is Actiontec Model #: MI424WR

My laptop is  Window's Vista

The connection says that it's excellent but not connected to the internet.

😞

I called Verizon and all they said was to get a cable to connect my laptop to my router. My router is pretty far away and I want WIRELESS internet.

I know there's a solution to this, because my laptop and DSi worked perfectly fine before!

0 Likes
Re: Laptop isn't connecting but other computers are able to?
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try logging onto the router and changing/re-entering the wep key in the wireless admn pages.  Then try connecting from your laptop again.  Could also try turning wireless security off and see if that let's you connect - wouldn't leave it like that!

You'd also be better off using WPA/2 as WEP security is pretty much useless.

mobyric1
Enthusiast - Level 3

is this a new router or were the 2 devices connected and working before and suddenly stopped ?

xspjws

i have the same problem.  my 2 desktops (wireless) are connected to my verizon router, my ipod touch is connected, my wii is connected, my work laptop connects when i bring it home, but my new acer aspire with windows 7 won't connect.  it says it is connected, but it has some kind of network problem that keeps me from accessing the internet.

i only have tried it once, rebooting the router and the laptop several times in the process.  i thought it might be related to windows 7 since this is the only device that is running 7.

any ideas would be much appreciated.

0 Likes