Limited or no connectivity from wireless devices
skyandmoon
Enthusiast - Level 1

Help!  All of a sudden on Sunday all of the laptops tops and ipods stopped working.  There is limited on no connectivity to the wireless router.  I have tried everything from resetting the router, to turning everything off.

There are even times that I show a connection but no web page comes up.  This is very frustrating.

Can anyone help please?

Re: Limited or no connectivity from wireless devices
lou611661
Contributor - Level 1

To help with your issue you should supply the make of your router your connection type at the ONT Coaxial or Ethernet,and it  would not be a bad idea to post your main PC specs that was used to set up fios,also if you have TV is their any issues with the guide, on demand,or dvr recording.and did you try and contact Verizon tech support.

viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Having reset the router now go in and check the wireless setting.  make a note of the ssid and change the security from wep to wpa/2 and enter your own passphrase.  Then go back to the laptops etc. and delete the old wireless connection if it does not prompt for the new login details.  Then restarting the wireless connection should show you the available wireless network, select the one with your ssid and enter your new passphrase.

Does that resolve it?

skyandmoon
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are using the verizon MI424WR router.

viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@skyandmoon wrote:

We are using the verizon MI424WR router.

Doesn't matter, the settings are the same for the Westell and the Actiontec.

0 Likes
BarbJ2

My wireless network connection says limited or no connectivity.  I've checked the router connections and everything seems to be working.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
Mistaya
Enthusiast - Level 3
Mine did that and a Verizon tech sent something through to the router after I did a hard reset and it helped. I still get disconnected a lot but rarely get limited now. He said all limited means is it knows the Internet is there but is having issues fully connecting. Before I called them I did hard and soft resets and even shut computers off trying and hoping for a fresh connection when brought back up but that didn't work. Only thing that helped me is their techs which I have to say so far ( fingers crossed ) have been very nice and helpful minus the last one that was nice just couldn't listen very well. Like I said they could see something was wrong on their end and sent a signal of some kind to it after a hard reboot had been started
0 Likes