• Services  

Order Services

See All Plans & Bundles

Special Deals

Moving Made Easy

Current Customers

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Find out which Verizon services are available at your address.

• My Verizon  

Email & Calls

Check Email

Verizon Visual 411

Bill & Payment

View Bill

Pay Bill

Pay Final Bill

Manage Auto Pay

Manage Paper Free Billing

My Services

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Contributor
Plohish
0 Kudos

Login has been temporarily disabled due to too many unsuccessful login attempts.

Hello,

Does anyone know in how long after recieving the message "Login has been temporarily disabled due to too many unsuccessful login attempts. Please try again later." I will be able to login?

Regards,

Alex

Silver Contributor V
armond_in_nj
0 Kudos

Re: ... too many unsuccessful login attempts - Router Adjustments

Plohish wrote:

...  how long after recieving the message "Login has been temporarily disabled due to too many unsuccessful login attempts. Please try again later." I will be able to login? 

The Actiontec router does not appear to have a setting for this timeout, but it appears to be on the order of about ten (10) minutes.

However the router does allow the user to set the number of unsuccessful attempts that can occur before the timeout is activated.  To adjust, go into the router at http://192.168.1.1 and look under "Advanced/Users."

Contributor
Plohish
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply. 16 hours later still the same message. I guess the next step will be to do a hard reset.

Copper Contributor
Snookered2
0 Kudos

Verizon may have deactivated your account.  Password changed from a

minimum of 7 to 8 characters.  Contact 'Live chat' to re-activate your account.

Contributor
bgyllenhaal
0 Kudos

Re: Login has been temporarily disabled due to too many unsuccessful login attempts.

I'm experiencing the same issue. On the back of the router there's the Username "Admin" and there's a password. I've tried entering that password over and over and It won't let me in. Is there a generic password that I'm missing here?

Silver Contributor II
JOSEm441

Re: Login has been temporarily disabled due to too many unsuccessful login attempts.

[ Edited ]

There is no generic password, that would create a HUGE security hole. If you have held the reset pinhole down for 15 seconds or so with the unit powered on, then released it, the password should be set to what is on the router label. admin will be the user and when you type the password  you should see what appears to be other characters when you type..

One person with this issue had to type the password into notepad and copy paste it to get in.

You can change the  default setting of 5 bad logins but I DO NOT  recommend this  credit to armond_in_nj

"You can reset the number of allowed unsuccessful logins. Log on to the device, then click on "Advanced." In the far left column, choose "Users." In "Login Configuration" set the desired number of unsuccessful logins. 

Also be sure to either activate, accept, or save all desired changes prior to changing screens or logging off."

Personally I have also added and extra user in case I have an issue with admin

If a forum member gives an answer you like, please give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem. Thanks !!!
http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Fix-for-Missing-Inbox-sent-folders-etc-with-Internet-Explorer-11/m-p/647399
Contributor
bgyllenhaal
0 Kudos

Thanks JOSEm441 but still no luck. I'm thinking they need to replace my router cause I've tried everything.

Silver Contributor II
JOSEm441
0 Kudos

Glad to help, I have been there! If you call them they can try to login remotely. If that fails they should send a new one; at least they did in my case.

One last thing to try - make sure cap lock and num lock are off

If a forum member gives an answer you like, please give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem. Thanks !!!
http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Fix-for-Missing-Inbox-sent-folders-etc-with-Internet-Explorer-11/m-p/647399
Contributor
damienb
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi, ive been receiving this for 6 days, so it's not temporary apparently. I'd like to access my routers settings.

What can I do so I can login?  it doesnt look like an answer was ever posted. Thanks

Silver Contributor II
JOSEm441
0 Kudos

DamienB have you tried pressing the reset pinhole for ~15 seconds, release it. Then wait about 2 minutes and try admin with the password printed on the router? (if none is printed try password1 or password

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411