Lost pre-paid phone
Philly98

I have a prepaid phone....hubby is a truckdriver and lost phone. Never set up a security number for it, however, we would like to keep the number, had about $4 on account. Never registered it online either.. any suggestions before I call verizon?  I have an old prepaid phone that we are not using but wanted to switch the other phone number to.  Thanks in advance for suggestions.

0 Likes
Re: Lost pre-paid phone
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

You may want to try over at http://community.verizonwireless.com/ since this forum here is dedicated for the Wireline services, such as Landline telephone, DSL, and FiOS.

In general, if you have a lost phone, the first thing you should do is contact the carrier and give them as much information as possible to figure out how to get the number off of the lost phone and onto a new phone. With pre-paid, I have a feeling that things may be a little more tricky, but in general as long as you can prove that you, or your husband have given the carrier payment in some way, shape or form, they'll hapily get your number moved to a new device.

0 Likes
Re: Lost pre-paid phone
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Philly98,

As Smith6612 said, these forums are dedicated to Residential products and services offered by Verizon.

For help on Verizon Wireless issues, please post your topic on the Verizon Wireless community.

Thank you.

0 Likes