MI424WR Delete Device From "My Network"
Louie77

Hello all, 

I use to have the old router verizon set me up when i first got FIOS. It was easy to setup and love it how you could rename the devices that had static ip address. You could even delete old device from the list that you didn't have anymore. 

Now that I have MI424WR I can't delete the device from the list or rename device that have static ip address. All I see if there ip address. I really don't like that because I like to keep track what's on my network. 

If anyone know's how to make these changes to my 2 issue please let me know. I been trying to figure this out the last 3 days... Driving me up the wall right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..Robot Mad

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: MI424WR Delete Device From "My Network"
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you're asking about devices that have a static DHCP lease setup in the router, those can be easily deleted from the "Connection List" sub-page of the "IP Address Distribution" page.  Just click the box with the red X.

Note that a static IP address lease is not a static IP assignment.  A static lease ensures that an end device always gets the same IP address when it requests one using DHCP.  A static assignment means the device is configured to use a specific IP address.  A statically configured device will not request an IP address using DHCP.

If you are asking about a static IP assignment, make sure that you are assigning addresses outside the range of the DHCP server in the router.  By default, the router is setup to serve addresses across the entire subnet (192.1.1.2 to 192.1.1.254).  You should change to range to something smaller place the static assignments outside of the DHCP range.  Use the "DHCP Settings" for the "home/office network" to adjust this.

If you're asking about the router's home page, some static devices won't disappear until the router is reboot.

Good Luck.

0 Likes