MI424WR router loses WiFi password
TNguyen1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had to turn on/off my router twice in the last week because it loses the WiFi password. Upon power reset, the WiFi password is recognizes.Has anyone had any luck in resolving? Is this a hardware issue?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: MI424WR router loses WiFi password
TNguyen1
Enthusiast - Level 2

new router is working fine. no repeat of the loss wifi password.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I haven't.  But there are lots of different models (rev a,c,d,e,f,g,i) so it would help if you identified.  Remember you are talking to Peers here.

0 Likes
TNguyen1
Enthusiast - Level 2

router is Rev E running Current Version: 20.21.2. thanks.

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's a rather old router.  You might want to get a new one. It's unusual for a router to loose settings.  There could be an incompatibility between your router and a new device.  How do you know it's the router forgetting and not the device?  What is the device in question?

You can get a Rev I Actiontec (802.11n) here:

http://www.verizon.com/fiosaccessories

You might get a Rev I with the free WPA2 upgrade, but you could get an older model.

If you want the latest FiOS router, the Quantum router is currently on sale for $99.99.  This is an 802.11ac WiFi device.  You can read about it here:

http://campaign.verizon.com/fiosquantumgateway/?MyVzSPLDEALS=WIFI_ROUTER

Good Luck.

0 Likes
TNguyen1
Enthusiast - Level 2

my ipad2 has been on this network with out any issues for 2 years. Once i reboot my router, my ipad re-connects. If i try to type in the password on my ipad, I get an error message on the WiFi password.

Hopefully, i can get a new router...

0 Likes
TNguyen1
Enthusiast - Level 2

new router is working fine. no repeat of the loss wifi password.

0 Likes