MOCA and TIVO....is Verizon blocking MOCA connections
jigarner
Enthusiast - Level 1

My tivo was working great with my fios moca router, then all of a sudden it stopped working. It looks like Verizon pushed a new firmware update to my router.

I downgraded to the old firmware.....disabeled auto firmware updates....set up my router again....and everything was working fine.

I woke up this morning and over night my router was reset....different SSID....differed password.....new firmware (again) and my Tivo is now not connecting through MOCA

Any thoughts? Is Verizon blocking MOCA connections to any devices but their cable boxes?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: MOCA and TIVO....is Verizon blocking MOCA connections
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

The latest firmware removes all the links to the IGMP screen from the router's menus.  It's still there, you just need a handy pointer.  Like this one:

http://192.168.1.1/index.cgi?active_page=6059&req_mode=0&mimic_button_field=goto%3a+6059..&strip_pag...

You need to login to your router for this to work, of course.

Enjoy!

View solution in original post

Hubrisnxs
Legend

Login to the router, Advanced -> Yes -> IPMG Proxy - Set IGMP Proxy (Enable/Disable): to Disable and save.

jigarner
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue, but I don't have that option when I go into advanced

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

The latest firmware removes all the links to the IGMP screen from the router's menus.  It's still there, you just need a handy pointer.  Like this one:

http://192.168.1.1/index.cgi?active_page=6059&req_mode=0&mimic_button_field=goto%3a+6059..&strip_pag...

You need to login to your router for this to work, of course.

Enjoy!

jigarner
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wow, that was awesome, thanks a lot, I really appreciate it

0 Likes