McAfee & secure banking sign on
Nelssie
Enthusiast - Level 2

For about a month now, I have not been able to sign into my credit union bank site.  Upon contacting them, I was told because of a recent McAfee security update, they have been having similar complaints.  When I shut off my firewall, I can connect, but I am obviously not going to leave it off and use online banking.  I guess my question is, who should know how to fix this problem

1. My online banking IT dept, (scary they are telling me to find a solution elsewhere)

2. Verizon Security suite, it is their product

3. A security in my IE ver 9 or McAfee ISS, which I can change myself

Anyone have a similar problem

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: McAfee & secure banking sign on
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@Nelssie wrote:

For about a month now, I have not been able to sign into my credit union bank site.  Upon contacting them, I was told because of a recent McAfee security update, they have been having similar complaints.  When I shut off my firewall, I can connect, but I am obviously not going to leave it off and use online banking.  I guess my question is, who should know how to fix this problem

1. My online banking IT dept, (scary they are telling me to find a solution elsewhere)

2. Verizon Security suite, it is their product

3. A security in my IE ver 9 or McAfee ISS, which I can change myself

Anyone have a similar problem

Thanks

Odds are there is a configuration change that needs to be made within VISS. Hopefully someone on the forum here can explain how to put that in, as I don't use VISS.

If not, you need to contact Verizon support. Your bank isn't responsible for configuring your security software, and if you contact McAfee directly they will most likely charge you for support. (Maybe the McAfee website?)

0 Likes