• Services  

Order Services

See All Plans & Bundles

Special Deals

Moving Made Easy

Current Customers

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Find out which Verizon services are available at your address.

• My Verizon  

Email & Calls

Check Email

Verizon Visual 411

Bill & Payment

View Bill

Pay Bill

Pay Final Bill

Manage Auto Pay

Manage Paper Free Billing

My Services

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Contributor
Benc1
0 Kudos

Modem Login Failed.

Recently, I just received the Fios Internet Plan and I wished to change the default username and password on the modem. So I went to http://192.168.1.1/ and typed in "admin" and "password1" but I failed to log in. Then I went ahead and reset the modem and tried it again, still didn't work. And now "login has been temporarily disabled due to too many unsuccessful login attempts."

Also, something's weird. When I'm trying to type "password1" in the password section, it appears to be longer than what it should be. One single letter comes out to be 3~4 hidden characters. Really need some help this.

All Star
viafax999
Device: Chromecast tv phone
Plan: Digital Voice, 75/35

Re: Modem Login Failed.

Benc1 wrote:

Recently, I just received the Fios Internet Plan and I wished to change the default username and password on the modem. So I went to http://192.168.1.1/ and typed in "admin" and "password1" but I failed to log in. Then I went ahead and reset the modem and tried it again, still didn't work. And now "login has been temporarily disabled due to too many unsuccessful login attempts."

Also, something's weird. When I'm trying to type "password1" in the password section, it appears to be longer than what it should be. One single letter comes out to be 3~4 hidden characters. Really need some help this.

By default the userid will be admin and the password is the serial number that can be found on the sticker on the back of the router.

If you reset the router the userid will be admin and you will be prompted to select a new password.

The extra characters when you type the passwaord are meant o be a security feature to mask the length of the password.  Ignore them and just type in whatever the password is meant to be.

I'll guarantee it's not password1 unless you set it to that as VZ abandonded that scheme about 12 months ago.

Contributor
ChadSteele

[ Edited ]

The extra character insertion is probably the dumbest inclusion ever devised by a {please keep your posts courteous} programmer.  (An Epic FAIL)

The verizon modems are without a doubt the least friendly and most painful to setup or change.

Silver Contributor V
TNS_2
0 Kudos

viafax999 wrote:

Benc1 wrote:

By default the userid will be admin and the password is the serial number that can be found on the sticker on the back of the router.

If you reset the router the userid will be admin and you will be prompted to select a new password.

The extra characters when you type the passwaord are meant o be a security feature to mask the length of the password.  Ignore them and just type in whatever the password is meant to be.

I'll guarantee it's not password1 unless you set it to that as VZ abandonded that scheme about 12 months ago.

By default the password varies after a reset.  It is either

• password printed on label
  • "password"
  • Not specified and you are asked to enter
  • Might be the serial number, but I haven't run across a model that set its to tha.

It is never 'password1"  which is a value that used to be set by the Verizon installers.

Silver Contributor V
TNS_2
0 Kudos

ChadSteele wrote:

The extra character insertion is probably the dumbest inclusion ever devised by a {please keep your posts courteous} programmer.  (An Epic FAIL)

Not a Verizon idea.  I first ran into more than 15 years ago.  And whoever thought of it probably won some awards.  Personally I prefer not even showing an acknowledgement of character entered, but that seem to be even more unpopular.

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411