Most confused company - weeks on and still not able to fix my order
changlll

I changed my 2-landline verizon setup to a double play bundle (one landline + fios internet) late April.  The tech guy came and setup everything.  There was some confusion (my mistake) while he was here so we ended up canceling the original order and recreated an identical order - as suggested by the verizon agent on the call.  While the tech guy left, he checked both the phone line and the fios internet and everything was working properly and confirmed with agent that I was all set.

After he left, email started coming saying that the order is still pending as installation never completed.  I called a couple of times explaining what happened.  Both times I was assured by agents on the call they would fix the verizon system and I would be all set.  Then I started getting email saying I needed to return the equipment.  Again, I called Verizon and explained to the agent.  The agent told me that the order was not closed out correctly and he would fix it.  Shortly after, my phone line got disconnected.  When I called my landline, I got a message saying that this line is no longer in service.  So I called verizon again, and they scheduled a tech guy to come out.  Shortly after the phone was disconnected, and before the tech guy came out to check, fios internet also cut off.   I called again explaining the whole thing.

On the day the tech guy was scheduled to come to check the phone line, I had one tech guy in the morning.  Everything seems to be connected on this side (my house), but service completely turned off from Verizon.  So, he called the agent while he was here, and put in a brand new order.  The agent told him that she would have it turned on and he could come back later that day to check both setup here.  So he left and said he would return later.  A couple of hours later, I got a call from another tech guy, saying he would be here shortly.  When the second guys arrived, I explained to him about the earlier tech guy here and that this first guy would come back.  The second guy said that he (the 2nd tech person) had order only to fix fios internet, no phone line.  I asked him to call the first tech guy and connect so to avoid any more confusion.  So the two tech guys talked on the phone and decided the the second guy would finish the job and first one doesn't have to return.  No luck while the second tech guy tried, so he called a verizon agent.   The agent he spoke with said she didn't see any phone line on my account, so I pulled up the customer portal where I could clearly see that my order from the morning included both landline & fios internet.  The tech guys was looking at my screen as well.  So, we are looking at two different systems a Verizon showing different items for my account.  So, the agent on the phone said she needed to put in another order because the order placed in the morning was not good.  So another order went in.  The tech guy asked the agent how long it would take for her to finish doing the job so he could verify all is good.  He waited close to 3 hours and Verizon was having a really difficult time getting this done.  

Major major confusion!!!

The tech guy finally gave up, having to go to another job, end of the week.  He said that I would have to wait until the following week.  

I just received another email from Verizon telling me I have to return the equipment.  

I never thought that a company like Verizon could mess up so badly.  Whatever you need to do, Verizon, get your systems fixed!!  I am tired of chasing the problems in your system.  Fix the order(s) and fix my service and account so everything is right.

0 Likes
Re: Most confused company - weeks on and still not able to fix my order
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi changlll,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes