Re: My Internet Connection Dropping Issues...
wylest

I've had FIOS fr over 5 eyars with very little problems.  However, over the last 4 days it's been up and down all day every day.  I'll be connected, and then dropped 20 tiems in one hour.  I haven't had any recent changes in my router or any other equipment.  Can someone please take a look?  I work from home and need my internet connection up all day.  Thanks.  Trey

0 Likes
pnb9878

I am having the same issues as everyone else. I had multiple devices on my router and three days ago the router just stated to drop connection randomly. It has gotten worse. I can't even get on the computer and go to one website before it lags up or drops completely. What do I need to do to fix this problem? I have heard about maybe changing the channel and maybe trying to get a newer router. Any suggestions? Help Please!!!!!

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@PilotBob wrote:

We are having the same issue. At least once a day or so we lose internet connectivity. The phone and TV continue to work... our routers work fine and we can ping internal stuff.

We can also ping the FiOS gateway assigned to our router... which is currently 10.38.37.86 but we can't ping anything beyond that. Is that gateway the ONT or is that the FiOS node?

This is getting pretty annoying. I am a programmer, and know about IP and DCHP, PPPoE etc and don't want to start with level 1 support who won't know what to do when I tell them I don't even use the FIoS (westtell router) and they tell me that's the problem.

I would really appreciate if this is escalated up to an infrastructure engineer (or whatever you guys call them) so they can test the hard ware that connects to my gateway. 

Thanks,

BOb

If you can ping the Gateway in the CO, it's not a problem with your connection but rather one with the Gateway in the CO losing connectivitiy in some way, shape, or form, which should NEVER happen. You'll need to convince someone to get you on the phone with Level 2 support, or with a Network Engineer for your area.

You may wish to try Verizon Direct at DSLReports or Twitter Support for this one.

0 Likes