My New Verizon FiOS so far
Rickthreebears

What a piece of crap. You can't find anything. There is no direct connection to any sort of quality control and most of the extra cost add ons DON'T WORK!  I have subscribed to the highest speed internet I can and a simple Youtube viceo has to pause two or three times while running.  This is FiOS?  Any of the shows I "TRY" to watch can 't be watched because the show freezes during p;ayback and I have to Reboot to get back to the show.    What a waste of money.  I am going to minimize my  subscription until the end of my contract and then go back to Comcast.  What a ripoff!

0 Likes
Re: My New Verizon FiOS so far
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

What internet service did you subscribe to? and what does a test of the actual speeds at

http://my.verizon.com/micro/speedtest/broadband/ 

show that you are getting.

What are you using to view the shows that keep freezing forcing a reboot? and what are you rebooting, A computer, an STB or the FIOS router or ONT?

0 Likes
MicheleG1

Welcome to Verizon!  LOL!!!!

This said by the woman with the big "sucker!!!" on her forehead for ever choosing this service!

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try a site besides YouTube, as a start to see how things work. YouTube has known issues with saturating their peering points to ISPs on a region by region basis. Verizon and Comcast are no exceptions despite their size. Sites such as Vimeo and Metacafe are great places to start since they use caching provider such as Akamai rather than a company-owned CDN system on a company-owned network. With YouTube, I have issues every few months with the site. Most months the site works just fine, and has no problem maxing out my much slower connection. There are some months/weeks however, where I have to cache-hop in order to find a fast running server that routes over a less-congested peering point.

As far as the add-ons go, mind telling us which ones you have that are broken?

0 Likes