NY - Impossible to get FIOS service
jeffreyb1
Enthusiast - Level 1

We put in a request for FIOS almost a year ago. In the last few months I have left message to the NY FIOS center to find out what the status is. One person got back to me ask me a few question and told me that she will get back to me that day. I never heard back from her.

Can someone please email me or call  to let me know what the status is.

Thank you

0 Likes
Re: NY - Impossible to get FIOS service
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Verizon must petition each township to allow TV FIOS Services.  I'm not sure which service(s) you are looking for but instead of going to Verizon you may want to check with your local township.

On Long Island for example the town of islip has granted FIOS to run services throughout the township but Brookhaven Township has not granted FIOS.  Without their approval Verizon is not able to provide at a minimum TV service.  

Also, Verizon is running Fiber Optic cable first on outside poles before getting to  underground utilitiies.  

I'm not sure what part of NY you are in but I hope this helps.

These are peer-to-peer forums that are looked over by the VZ admins but if you want the higher up folks to hear you, you better scream really loud,

Jim

jeffreyb1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for your reply. The building next door as Fios since 4 years now, so it's only a matter for them to put it 1 feet closer ;)...

0 Likes
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

Again, where are you?

What kind of building are you in?

0 Likes
jeffreyb1
Enthusiast - Level 1

12th st between Avenue A and B, new condo building (5 strory up.)

0 Likes
jeffreyb1
Enthusiast - Level 1

by the way, emailed them again 2 weeks ago. They haven't replied. Amazing customer service!!!

0 Likes