• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
MVP
TNS_2
0 Kudos

Re: Netflix is slow lately on FIOS

But as I said, not a problem for every one.  Have not had a problem either in Fl or in NY using Netflix on FIOS.

Bronze Contributor I
Namronorman
0 Kudos

TNS_2 wrote:

But as I said, not a problem for every one.  Have not had a problem either in Fl or in NY using Netflix on FIOS.

Yes but a problem for quite a lot of people - hence Verizon addressing its customer base publically in regards to the issue and standing firm in their stance against Cogent and refusing to help its customers. 

MVP
TNS_2
0 Kudos

Namronorman wrote:

TNS_2 wrote:

Yes but a problem for quite a lot of people - hence Verizon addressing its customer base publically in regards to the issue and standing firm in their stance against Cogent and refusing to help its customers. 

Is netflix itself on Cogent?  My tracert seem to show going from Verizon servers to twtelecom and finally netflix.  As said I don't appear to be having any problems.

Bronze Contributor I
Namronorman
0 Kudos

TNS_2 wrote:

Namronorman wrote:

TNS_2 wrote:

Is netflix itself on Cogent?  My tracert seem to show going from Verizon servers to twtelecom and finally netflix.  As said I don't appear to be having any problems.

When are you trying? Also, if using a PC to stream, try ctrl+alt+shift+s while streaming to get the stream manager that will show you how fast it's going. In regards to where the streams are coming from, that changes given load and availability. I see a lot of Cogent, LLNW and TeliaSonera. LLNW always runs great for me. Cogent and TeliaSonera, not so much.

Silver Contributor III
walt178
0 Kudos

Namronorman wrote:

....if using a PC to stream, try ctrl+alt+shift+s while streaming to get the stream manager that will show you how fast it's ...

Can you provide further details on that.  Such as how to activate or what additional software you might be using.  I've tried it with two browsers and it does nothing.

Bronze Contributor I
Namronorman

walt178 wrote:

Namronorman wrote:

....if using a PC to stream, try ctrl+alt+shift+s while streaming to get the stream manager that will show you how fast it's ...

Can you provide further details on that.  Such as how to activate or what additional software you might be using.  I've tried it with two browsers and it does nothing.

Hi Walt,

I am using Chrome but have gotten it to work in FF and IE.

1. After the video loads and is playing, click on the video

2. Hold ctrl+alt+shift

3. While still holding ctrl+alt+shift, press s

Silver Contributor III
walt178
0 Kudos

Thanks, that worked.   I should have known clicking on the video was necessary.

Bronze Contributor I
Namronorman
0 Kudos

Nice, not even 3pm ET yet and I'm starting to have trouble streaming in HD! :smileyhappy: Thanks again, Verizon, for punishing your customers over a business dispute you are having with another company.

Bronze Contributor I
anonFios
0 Kudos

Looks like Netflix quality isn't the only thing Verizon is allowing to degrade:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/Is-it-me-or-youtube-being-slow-at-times/m-p/596349/highli...

Bronze Contributor I
anonFios
0 Kudos

Could barely hold HD for more than a couple of seconds at a time last night between 9 and 11pm EST.

I am in the Greater Boston / Massachusetts market.

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools