Network Extender Coaxial Light Keeps Flashing, Wi-Fi Signal Drops Constantly
Nielson1

Hello everyone, I've run into a bit of a problem that last couple of days and need some help figuring out the problem. My network extender (Actiontec Dual Band Wireless Network Extender Over Coax WCB3000N) has been working fine ever since I got FIOS about 6 months ago. However the last couple of days the Coax light on the extender has been constantly blinking instead of staying lit up and I've seen the wifi connection drop almost every 2 hours. I have tried searching for an answer or a similar soultion but have been unsuccessful. Any ideas why this is happpening? I have tried reseting both the modem, router and extender numerous times. The connection to the extender is a coaxial from the wall with a spiltter, one cable to the extender and one cable to the STB. Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Re: Network Extender Coaxial Light Keeps Flashing, Wi-Fi Signal Drops Constantly
eljefe2
Master - Level 1
I would suggest you start the troubleshooting process by temporarily removing the splitter and the coax cable now connected to the Extender from the circuit. Connect the cable from the wall directly to WCB3000N and see if that causes the coax light to stop blinking.

If that solves the problem the permanent solution may be as simple as replacing the splitter and/or the coax cable that runs from the splitter to the extender.
0 Likes
Re: Network Extender Coaxial Light Keeps Flashing, Wi-Fi Signal Drops Constantly
Nielson1

Thanks for your response. Unfortuantley switching out the coaxial cables, splitters, & plugging in the cable to the wall didn't stop the coxail light from blinking. I tried setting it the extender to other areas in the house where's theres an outlet for a coax cable and still no luck.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1
I'm thinking your problem could be a defect in your Extender or a problem with your router.

I suggest you look into getting a replacement extender from wherever you acquired yours. That's the next step I would try.
0 Likes