New FiOS Internet Customer Lied to By Sales Rep - EXTREMELY UNHAPPY
mesalaza

I had FIOS Internet installed in my new apt about a month ago. Before moving, I conducted my due diligence among the providers in my area. In order to sell me on the product, I had a couple chats with Sales Reps, which was documented on some type of call log. Anyways - on the last call I had, the Sales Rep convinced me to order FIOS Internet over the phone. She assured me that she would be able to match the price as reflected and promoted online. I wanted the 25/25 Internet service which was 49.99 for the first 12 months, and 69.99 for following 12 months. The Sales Rep then sent me the confirmation e-mail displaying the price. I immedaitely notified the Sales Rep that the discount offer was not reflected, but she assured me that it would show up on my bill. She even went so far as to get a manager on the line to confirm that. The reason the Sales Rep said it wasnt reflected was due to a glitch/outage they were experiencing. Allegedly - the outage would not allow the proper discounts and credits to appear on their screen, but again she assure me that this would not be the case when I received my bill. On that condition (receiving a proper bill with the appropriate quoted price) I approved of the deal.

A month later, I received a bill THAT DID NOT REFLECT WHAT WAS PROMISED. After waiting for Verizon to amend the bill, to no avail, I decided to call Customer Service. That was an absolute waste of my time - an hour and change to hear the same story (not to mention the first Customer Service Rep deliberately hanging up on me after about 30 min). That what the Sales Rep said was not true - Sales Rep's cant match the online prices. [As an aside - why on Earth can't Sales Rep's for Verizon match the price that Verizon offers? That is very weird to me. You all work for the same company.].

Why cant Verizon match what was offered/promoted - and what is currently being promoted at the moment on the web?

To support my claim with facts - why would I agree to a $74.99+ price quote (that of 'no annual contract') for a 24 mo contract - when the 24 mo. contract obviously has a discounted price. Furthermore, in my due diligence and research, why would I agree to take a higher price when the quote online for the same service is far lower? All this implies is that in fact the Sales Rep did assure me that she could "match" the price promoted - there is no logical reason for me to accept anything else. 

I need this to be resolved or I will soon cancel this service and move over to TWC. What this really amounts to is misrepresentation by the Sales Rep, and an unreliable Customer Service. 

0 Likes
Re: New FiOS Internet Customer Lied to By Sales Rep - EXTREMELY UNHAPPY
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi mesalaza,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: New FiOS Internet Customer Lied to By Sales Rep - EXTREMELY UNHAPPY
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We did not hear back from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Marcial

0 Likes