New to this
luvmy4grands

WiFi connecting not working after  enter necessary informaion like name and password.  Now on hold indefinetely waiting on cutomer services which has a long hold time.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: New to this
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Assuming you have an Actiontec router, I would suggest you connect to its configuration page using an Ethernet connection to a Mac or PC.  The IP address is 192.168.1.1 and the default user name and password are admin and password.

Once at the home page click on the Wireless Settings button.  That will show you what your network SSID is and what the existing password is.

Make sure you're using that exact password when trying to connect via WiFi.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@eljefe wrote:

Assuming you have an Actiontec router, I would suggest you connect to its configuration page using an Ethernet connection to a Mac or PC.  The IP address is 192.168.1.1 and the default user name and password are admin and password.

Regarding the default user name and password, that may not be correct. Recently Verizon has been shipping some, most, or maybe all routers with the login name and password on the label on the router itself (mine definitely came that way several years ago). Also on the label are the network SSID and the wifi passphrase. And note that case is important.

I encourage you to change all of them - the login name and password for the router, and the wifi passphrase. And if the router is not set for WPA2 wifi security, change to that unless you have some really old devices that you need to connect that don't support WPA2. And consider changing to N Performance Mode if all of your wireless devices support N speed, you will definitely see a wireless performance improvement.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Y'know, you're right Justin.  I was remembering back to before the change in the default settings came along.

I stand corrected.  I hope your post gets the OP going. 

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Also if you want a nice easy way to do it, you can try the in home agent tool,   go to www.verizon.com/connect and download and install it.  

when you open it, there is an internet section that will help you automatically configure your wireless.

you can also try chat support by clicking

0 Likes