New triple play bundle price EXTREMELY unfair to recent new customers
yixiixiy

About two and half months ago I signed up for triple play with select TV + phone + 25/25 internet, at a price of $89.99 (was able to bring it down to $79.99 by applying a corporate discount). Just realised that new customer can sign up for a hugely improved service (select TV + phone + QUANTUM 75/75 internet) for only $79.99! At the same time, upgrade price for existing customer like me stands at $99.99 per month, (i.e., an incredible $20.00/month penalty for signing up two months early). 

I understand that new deals get updated once in a while, but the pricing is just utterly unfair to existing customers. At least there should be a discounted, if not free, upgrade to match the new offerings for recently signed-on customers. I'm very much disappointed. 

A Verizon customer for more than 6 years.

0 Likes
Re: New triple play bundle price EXTREMELY unfair to recent new customers
everydaygirl

i am currently chatting with the rep online right now and have expressed exactly what you stated!!! basically the existing customers are being treated like garbage. it also seems like they will do anything to get new customers and then just dump us loyal customers in the dumpster.

0 Likes
FIOS-Dan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Unfair only to the "Recent" new customers? What about the loyal, longstanding customers like me? Once all those special promotional discounts vanish, that $89.95 a month turns into $160 a month. Verizon did recently upgrade my 50/25 internet service to 50/50 for free, but the days I was paying under $100 a month for triple play are long forgotten.

0 Likes
Mrsmisz15
Sounds about right. Verizon refused to keep their contracted price with me when I moved.

I bought the Triple Play in February 2013 for $79.99 for 2 years. I was told that if I moved, which I knew I would at some point in the near future, that the service would move with me.

Moved April 2014, 1 year and 2 months into a 2 year contract. The current price for the triple play was $89.99. They made me sign up for an entirely new 2 year contract at $89.99 and refused to continue my prior contract or give me the price I was paying.

What they fail to tell you is, while you might be able to get the service if you move, you are not allowed to keep your contract, nor are you allowed to end business with Verizon all together without paying fees for ending a contract early. Plus, they force you to start your contract all over again.

I already left Verizon wireless in July for horrible customer service, after 10 years. At the end of this contract, I will again be canning verizon entirely.
0 Likes