Nj Fios Internet Problem
johnginn1

I cannot connect to my Xbox live account any more.  I contacted Xbox live and they said it was a Verizon problem.  Is there any truth to this and if so is there an estimated time of repair?

0 Likes
Re: Nj Fios Internet Problem
pinenoodle

I have been on the phone for the last two days with Fios and Xbox. It is definitley a FIOS issue but I am getting no where.  Many of my neighbors are also having the same trouble. 

0 Likes
davemcq

any luck yet?  xbox live said this has been an issue since Friday.  I'm waiting to talk to verizon now.

0 Likes
andyjast

There is another thread concerning this problem.  You need to release and renew your IP address by logging into your router.  Directions can be found in the other thread concerning xbox live.  The alternative is calling support and having them release your IP and they will have you reset your router.  This worked for me and some others yesterday.     Good luck 

0 Likes
JerseyBO
Enthusiast - Level 1
I tried this and now I get a MTU error!!??!! Cmon seriously! So I check the settings on the router and its set to automatic at 1500. Any suggestions?? I'm not tech savey by any means, so the fact that I'm even releasing and renewing ip address and checking MTU settings means that something is really wrong. And of course this happens the week the two biggest titles of the year drop. Why couldnt this happen sometime in April when dance central 3 is coming out. Blah!
0 Likes
scubasteve171
Enthusiast - Level 2
I just called Verizon. They said that they have fixed the problem on their end and that Xbox is the problem now. All I know is that I can't connect and they seem to he blaming each other. Neither of them notified their customers of any problems.