No Online Mac Support
Bosun
Enthusiast - Level 3
I have been viewing various pages of the online FIOS internet support and find nothing about Macs.  All the help things are written for Windows products.  OK, they make up a large part of the market, but the only way I have ever found for Mac support is to call, wait on hold for many minutes, ask for the Mac 'expert' and then wait on hold for many more minutes.  Just a complaint.
0 Likes
Re: No Online Mac Support
zachyzissou
Enthusiast - Level 2
I definitely have to agree with you, our whole house uses Macs purely because of reliability. I'm somewhat of a tech guy and figure things out pretty well myself but for most of the stuff i don't i just look to forums for. For example, we were probably one of the first houses in our area to get FiOS and we have the old setup i presume, no actiontec router etc. So i just swapped out the D-Link for our AirPort Extreme and everything seems to work fine, we still get firmware updates (assuming they haven't pushed out 1.6 in the North Texas area). But it would be very helpful for them to provide some answers as to why i can't install the FiOS software we were never given to begin with.
Message Edited by zachyzissou on 10-15-2008 03:48 PM
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1
I will be honest with you I started out on Mac os when I was 16 and since then I've played on windows much of my time. However I want you to look on the bright side we do have a ton of info to help you but sometimes an agent may get lost regarding information being shared with out doing a screensharing session.  Now our older tools for screen sharing only allowed Windows users  or a dual boot Mac to connect. We now have newer tools that will allow support sessions with macs now. I'm now quite sure if its compatible with Macs. There are always updates to software and newer software being created for us to help assist you on Mac's. I hope this answers your  questions. 
zachyzissou
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for a response! It's nice to know Verizon is listening, i am constantly surprised at how connected verizon is with its customers.

Although, will better Mac support include a Media Manager software for macs? I currently use my xbox but its not as reliable as i would think verizons would be. ESPECIALLY if it had MKV support.

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1
That is something that I would have to look into further at and get you a better answer.
0 Likes
MickeyS
Enthusiast - Level 1
The beauty of a Mac and OS X is that it runs so well that you hardly need tech support. The issue is that the services provided are based on windows platforms only and that doesn't give the Mac much to advantage. I am very happy with my Mac, it runs well with Verizon and the only time I call tech support is when I have problems with the service.
0 Likes
cjacobs001
Contributor - Level 3

always start here for the issues that Verizon Tech Support would be able to talk to me about:  (the networking basics) http://va.zensupport.co.uk/  

after that I search for MAC emulators

0 Likes