No UPnP setting in MI424WR Router?
Jankomatic

Looked at the pdf for the manual and a few websites.  Supposedly the UPnP settings are in the Advanced section.  I see no such heading in mine.  How can I get to these settings?

Here is a picture of my Advanced tab.

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No UPnP setting in MI424WR Router?
tns
Master - Level 2

@WHMagill wrote:

I spoke with ActionTec the other day and they confirmed that Verizon did a firmware update to the FIOS MI424WR Router.

Nominally 373 hours ago according to the Router uptime 🙂  - about 13 December for me.

And apparently did remove the UPnP screen from the Advanced panel.

Found a actiontec video on youtube talking about setting UPnP for devices like the Xbox.  Was able to make at that the page is 900 so try

http://192.168.1.1/index.cgi?active%5fpage=900

View solution in original post

NoDice
Enthusiast - Level 1

I searched everywhere, too.  Can't get my SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime to work with Windows Media Center... appears to be uPnP related.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

If that is a FiOS actiontec which you said it was, then you should do a firmware upgrade. It is supposed to be right on that screen.

0 Likes
Jankomatic

On the firmware page it says this:

Internet Version: Wireless Broadband Router is up to date

That is after clicking the check for update button.  Is there somewhere else to look?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

check the bottom of the router, and what revision is it?  

REV A, B, C,D etc/...

0 Likes
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

With the IPv6 link, that has to be a rev. G or I.

Looks like a recent firmware release removed UPnP along with IGMP Proxy.

0 Likes
Jankomatic

It is indeed Revision I.  I guess I don't understand why UPnP was just removed?

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Jankomatic wrote:

It is indeed Revision I.  I guess I don't understand why UPnP was just removed?

Maybe because of IPv6. There isn't a need for UPnP anymore once your devices have their own IPs, and there are other methods in IPv6 to address communicating with devices found within the same network via discovery. Now as to why it was removed or at least hidden from view for IPv4 is another question.

marcotor
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'd like to find out too.  Nothing like finding 20 port exceptions all of a sudden from the daughter's freeloading boyfriend hogging up my connection to download torrents.  He's off the network now, permanently, but it was a little unsettling to see all those "uTorrent" ports.

Quang64

Yeah I don't see it either I want to play my Gfwl games but  I need to disable upnp where is it?!?!?!!?

0 Likes