No Upload on Fios
EEvernham

For a week now my upload speed is 1.7 and my down load speed is 29.4. I called tech service and they did a speed check with the same results. I had a tech replace my router and my outside box and I optimized my computer as I was told but still no upload. I tried three computers hooked up wired and still no upload. I have a tablet wireless still no upload. I took my laptop with the file I am trying to upload next door on optimum and it uploaded. After the tech left my house without it being fixed I received an email saying my case was closed. I guess you do not know how to fix this problem but I still think it is your problem as my computer and file uploaded on cablevision. I pay for 25/25 speed and my download speed is great but my upload is bad and when you try to upload a file it drops to zero.  We need to try and fix this as I need to upload that is why I pay for this speed.

0 Likes
Re: No Upload on Fios
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a peer to peer group.

you need to adressing your issue to VZ customer support.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

well do a test for us, 

get hardwired

test at http://speedtest.verizon.net

after your test is done click the link to show the results. and copy and paste those results here. 

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

My Speeds with Quantum FiOS.

As sugested, post the details from "see more details"

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
Ok now do the test at the quantum site http://speedtest.verizon.net/fios300
0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@prisaz wrote:

My Speeds with Quantum FiOS.

As sugested, post the details from "see more details"

Presumably you have a 75/30 connection?

Mine is that too.  If I select the lower than 100mb download option the results show me 70/5, which is pretty sad!!  However if I select the download faster than 100mb option which directs me to the fios300 optio then my results show 70/38  Still not achieving the purchased download rate but figures look better - there is no see other details selection on the fios300 option

So which do I believe?  It's interesting that your upload results using the old speedtest show a much more valid figure than mine do, what would you attribute that to?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

The ookla client that speedtest.net uses cannot handle the high upload speeds on FiOS. Verizon is using a newer ookla client that can correctly measure the high uploads on the new Quantum tiers. ookla knows they need to get this newer client out to the speedtest.net hosting providers.....

If you want to feel more comfortable that you are getting real results, test it by uploading a large file to drop box or a friend with FTP that has a beefy enough connection, and test it.  

If your real world experience is better than 5, then you can feel comfortable that yo uare getting good results from the test site with the updated client 

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Apparently though it works for prisaz as he appears to be using the old ookla client with a quantum connection.

0 Likes