No communication between FIOS Westell routers at different locations
columbiavol

I have CrashPlan running at home. It uses port 4242. I had 10 computers at multiple locations that were backing up to me when I was using cable. Some of the locations also had cable and some had FIOS.

Ever since I changed from cable to FIOS at home, none of the FIOS routers are talking to each other. All the cable folks are still backing up to me. But none of the FIOS routers are backing up to me now. All the FIOS routers are Westell A90-9100EM15-10.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: No communication between FIOS Westell routers at different locations
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@columbiavol wrote:

I have CrashPlan running at home. It uses port 4242. I had 10 computers at multiple locations that were backing up to me when I was using cable. Some of the locations also had cable and some had FIOS.

Ever since I changed from cable to FIOS at home, none of the FIOS routers are talking to each other. All the cable folks are still backing up to me. But none of the FIOS routers are backing up to me now. All the FIOS routers are Westell A90-9100EM15-10.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You may need to open port 4242 on the routers firewall. By default the Verizon firewall blocks the incoming "non standard" ports above 1024. So you may need to go in and do some port forwarding to open up the Verizon firewall. I'm not really very good at the port forwarding, if you need help with that, others here will be able to offer better advice on how to do that. But that would be my guess as to what is causing your problem.

Edit

Oops, just re-read your post. I didnt catch the point where you said the cable people could still communicate with you. In that case, the port forwarding may not be the issue.

0 Likes