Noisy line using VOIP
earth46

Hello,

I have FIOS and for work, I have to take calls using VOIP.  I was told that there is noise on the line and I noticed a few times, people on the phone have problems understanding me or hearing me.

How can this be fixed? I am open to any suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Re: Noisy line using VOIP
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is this noise as in static, or is it something along the lines of garbled voice?

0 Likes
earth46

It is more like static and some echo when I talk.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

What VoIP service are you using?  Is it actually Verzion phone service, or a 3rd party such as majicJack, Vonage, etc.?

0 Likes
earth46

I dial into the VPN for my job and connect thru an application we use to receive calls. The USB headset is provisionned to work with that application.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

I'm thinking you need to try to pin down whether or not the problem is specific to your FiOS connection or not.

What are you plugging that USB headset into?  If it's a laptop, do you have the same problem using the same computer and headset when connected to your VPN through another Internet connection?

Do you have more than one device at home, PC, Mac, etc, that you can plug the USB headset into?  If so, does it have the same problem on all devices?

And is the device you're plugging your USB heaset into connection to the Internet via Ethernet cable or WiFi?

I can say at this point that if your FiOS connection is actually causing the noise you're experiencing I don't have a good idea what to do about it.  However, I'm a little skeptical that a FiOS connection would cause that kind of problem, which is why I asked the troubleshooting questions above.

0 Likes