Not more than eight devices at a time...
Jeet1

I am having this problem since last few weeks. I have already change two routers but no use.

Problem: Any device (one or more/wired or wireless) gets disconnected and only solution is to reboot the router. As per so called tech support verizon router cannot support more than 8 devices at a time. Technician came and spent 3-4 hours and he saw the problem too but could not find the issue.

Anyone had this issue? Any suggestions?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Not more than eight devices at a time...
Jeet1

Update: I have D-Link router connected to Verizon router. If it had been issue with D-Link router then wireless devices should not be affected. I have 1 pc, 3 laptops, 4 smartphones, media player, ps3, ipad, etc. So count goes more than 8 easily.

Thanks

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

What devices are connecting to the VZ router vs. the d-link?

Is the D-link being bridged or routed (Difference is the connection between the VZ and DLINK go into the WAN or LAN port of Dlink)

Jim

0 Likes
Jeet1

D-Link is connected thru LAN port and all wired devices are on D-LINK, nothing on Verizon router.

Thanks

0 Likes
weedeater1
Contributor - Level 3

Which one is the DHCP server?

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

What about your wireless devices, where do they connect?

How come you don't want anything connected to the VZ router?

0 Likes
Jeet1

Both are set to DHCP. My wireless are connecting to Verizon router. As of now all 7 wired devices are connected to DLINK. If I get anymore, I will connect it to Verizon router. Does that make any difference? Issue is any one/more devices gets disconnected (whether wired/wireless) and only solution is to reboot the router.

Thanks for all you help.

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

You will want to disable DHCP on the DLINK.  This is probably the problem you are experiencing.  When you disable DHCP on the DLINK I would reboot all your devices.  You want the VZ router to give out your DHCP.  They will ensure they get the right credentials to get on the internet.

0 Likes
Jeet1

Thanks. Will try and let you know.

0 Likes
Jeet1

Correction: I am using a switch DGS2208 with Verizon router. Should I buy a new router and connect it to Verizon router? I see mostly 4 port high end routers from DLink.

Thanks

0 Likes