Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

    Verizon Business Sites

  • WIRELESS
Reply
Copper Contributor
Saki
Posts: 18
Registered: ‎04-04-2013
0 Kudos

ONT Battery

Hoping someone can help.

 

About 2 months ago by 3 year old ONT battery died, ONT started chirping and red light was on.  No big deal.  Went to store and bought 12v-7.2AH battery, exact replacement.  Installed battery and lights went off.

 

Since my replacement, I have been receiving emails from Verizon stating battery needs to be replaced (6-10) per day.

 

Called in 3 times to Fiber solution center, 2 times to billing and 1 time to nuisance department.  Tech support says battery is fine but no one can tell me why the Verizon systems still says battery is bad.

 

Removed battery, reset ONT, etc.  No luck

 

Tons of garbage emails from Verizon and no way to stop them

 

Please help!

MVP
somegirl
Posts: 2,914
Registered: ‎09-15-2009
Location: Texas
0 Kudos

Re: ONT Battery


Saki wrote:

Hoping someone can help.

 

About 2 months ago by 3 year old ONT battery died, ONT started chirping and red light was on.  No big deal.  Went to store and bought 12v-7.2AH battery, exact replacement.  Installed battery and lights went off.

 

Since my replacement, I have been receiving emails from Verizon stating battery needs to be replaced (6-10) per day.

 

Called in 3 times to Fiber solution center, 2 times to billing and 1 time to nuisance department.  Tech support says battery is fine but no one can tell me why the Verizon systems still says battery is bad.

 

Removed battery, reset ONT, etc.  No luck

 

Tons of garbage emails from Verizon and no way to stop them

 

Please help!


I've never heard of Verizon contacting customers proactively like that before. When we had our (brief) BBU issue a few months ago, we didn't get anything from them. Do you have Verizon software installed that might be generating the messages?

 

Hopefully someone else will be along that has seen/heard of this before. Good luck!

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
Platinum Contributor I
Hubrisnxs
Posts: 5,537
Registered: ‎07-22-2009

Re: ONT Battery

you might want to check with them.  the main service terminal has alarm logs, and they can see if battery alarms are going off. 

 

if not then they have a glitch in their system that is sending you the emails, and it might be tough to get them to stop.  you can always ignore them or create a filter rule to delete them automatically

Gold Contributor VII
Justin
Posts: 4,838
Registered: ‎08-05-2008
0 Kudos

Re: ONT Battery


somegirl wrote:

I've never heard of Verizon contacting customers proactively like that before. When we had our (brief) BBU issue a few months ago, we didn't get anything from them. Do you have Verizon software installed that might be generating the messages?

 

Hopefully someone else will be along that has seen/heard of this before. Good luck!


I have had emails from Verizon about my battery when the BBU decided the battery had failed. In my case disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it fixed the problem, and the emails stopped, I only received two emails.

 

Here is the text from the email:

 

-------------------------------------------------------

Dear Valued Verizon Customer,

Our network has detected that the battery inside your FiOS® ONT Backup Battery Unit (BBU) needs to be replaced. The BBU provides up to 8 hours of backup power for FiOS voice services when your commercial power fails.  According to our records, the warranty for your existing battery has expired.

Purchasing a Replacement Battery
You can purchase a replacement battery by:

·         Using the In-Home Agent software found on your desktop (currently Windows only)

·         Using your Verizon FiOS Set-Top Box to access Message Center.

·         Visiting  verizon.com/battery

·         Calling 1.800.VERIZON (1.800.837.4966) and following the voice prompts that ask “if you’re calling about a beeping sound coming from the Verizon supplied equipment in your home”

·         Contacting the Verizon Expert Care Device Protection Plan. If you are a subscriber, call 1.877.718.6716 – a free replacement may be included in your plan

·         Visiting any retailer that sells 12-Volt 7.2Ah SLA (Sealed Lead Acid) Batteries *

For more information about your FiOS ONT Battery Backup Unit, visit verizon.com/battery.

* Verizon does not provide support or warranties for batteries or equipment not purchased through Verizon. Use of a battery other than a 12-Volt 7.2Ah SLA (Sealed Lead Acid) battery is strongly discouraged since other battery types may impact the performance of your service(s).

Replacing and Disposing of Your Old Battery
To see video instructions about replacing your battery, click here.

To learn how to dispose of your old battery in a free and environmentally-friendly way, visit call2recycle.org.

We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to serve you.   

Sincerely,

Your Verizon Team
-------------------------------------------------------

 

Sounds to me like there is an issue with the BBU or the ONT that is not recognizing the problem has been fixed.

 

__________________________________
Justin
FiOS TV, 25/25 Internet, and Digital Voice user
QIP7232, QIP7100-P2, IMG 1.9.1
Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

Copper Contributor
Saki
Posts: 18
Registered: ‎04-04-2013
0 Kudos

Re: ONT Battery

Hi Everyone,

 

Thanks for the replies.

 

The email above is exactly what I am getting, over and over and over.

 

Last night the network tech checked and said my ONT was perfect and saw the battery as operating correctly

 

No one knows why the Verizon system keeps sending the emails.  I have tried setting up a rule to block the emails but you can't block emails from Verizon.

 

Have tried disconnecting battery, reconnecting, rebooting ONT, etc.  and no luck.

 

Emails are a real PITA and no one at Verizon knows where they are coming from and or how to reset alerts.

 

Please help VERIZON.

MVP
somegirl
Posts: 2,914
Registered: ‎09-15-2009
Location: Texas
0 Kudos

Re: ONT Battery


Saki wrote:

Hi Everyone,

 

Thanks for the replies.

 

The email above is exactly what I am getting, over and over and over.

 

Last night the network tech checked and said my ONT was perfect and saw the battery as operating correctly

 

No one knows why the Verizon system keeps sending the emails.  I have tried setting up a rule to block the emails but you can't block emails from Verizon.

 

Have tried disconnecting battery, reconnecting, rebooting ONT, etc.  and no luck.

 

Emails are a real PITA and no one at Verizon knows where they are coming from and or how to reset alerts.

 

Please help VERIZON.


You certainly can block emails from Verizon. I would suggest creating a filter that if the subject matches <the subject line of the messages you are getting> then discard.

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
Copper Contributor
Saki
Posts: 18
Registered: ‎04-04-2013
0 Kudos

Re: ONT Battery

I tried and can not block the email from Verizon.

 

Perhaps Verizon, with all their "network engineers" should figure out what the $ell is going on.

 

Comical (sad actually) that the technical people point me to billing, billing points me to technical and technical then points me to the nuisance department that does not return calls.

 

WHAT IS GOING ON VERIZON.  THIS IS YOUR SYSTEM!  FIGURE IT OUT

 

VERY ANNOYED CUSTOMER

Copper Contributor
Saki
Posts: 18
Registered: ‎04-04-2013
0 Kudos

Re: ONT Battery

Anyone from Verizon listening?  Received message last week that someone from Verizon would look into this and get back to me, no one has!  

Moderator
KaLin
Posts: 2,740
Registered: ‎09-10-2008
0 Kudos

Re: ONT Battery

Saki,

 

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".
There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer that solved your issue as the accepted solution.

Copper Contributor
Saki
Posts: 18
Registered: ‎04-04-2013
0 Kudos

Re: ONT Battery

Replied to requested information almost 3 days ago and no response from Verizon.

 

Very frustrated with VZ lack of attention to their customers.

 

Account & Services

  • Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

  • Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools