Okay I'm Done!
Dragonsbane
Enthusiast - Level 1

So here is the summary of what happened.  I bought a SURFboard SBG6782-AC Motorola Gateway to replace the Actiontec that Verizon sent me for service.  I bought this because the Actiontec (third one mind you) was dropping both wireless and LAN socket connections, not at the same time.  And I was continually powering down and rebooting the system over and over and over again.  So I figured I would go find a top notch modem/router that I actually trusted.  Hahaha, WRONG.  You HAVE to use the actiontec router if you have cable in addition to the internet with Verizon and you aren't allowed to use anything else because Fios proprietary crap or something.  That is just where the problem started, I go sign up for the premium support service Verizon offers because I didn't know the forementioned information until I was forced to get the service to get the help to set up the Motorola only to be told finally that I couldn't.  I went through normal support and they said they couldn't help me with any of it and that I HAD to call the other guys to get any help at all because I was using something that was not Verizon's.  I asked if they had any other platform I could use and they said yea sure, they have a wireless n router but I would have to pay them 33.33 a month for three months.  haha What! are you serious?  I pay you how much and have been a customer for how long?  3rd Apt. and 4 years and have verizon FIOS the whole time.  I not only get my internet but also my cable through you and even at one time phone. Not to mention the fact that you want me to pay more hard earned money for a piece of equipment made by the same people that did such a crap job on the current model I have.  Really where does that make any sense?  Yea let me double down on stupidity.  Not, I don't think so.  I went through so many people TRYING to work this and finally was transfered to billing who I was told where the ones that could waive the charge and was told no they wheren't allowed to waive the charge.  Time to leave Verizon and I would be very wary if you are looking into this company.  The other posts about getting shuttled all over on the phone and online chat where not exaggerating.

Re: Okay I'm Done!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Dragonsbane,

Unfortunately due to non response we will close the private thread. If you still need help with connection and router or ever need anything else, please let us know in a new public thread.

Thank you,
-Jeramy

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Cable modems and Moca (what FIOS uses) are different.

0 Likes