On Mac 10.5.8 download Failed help please.
ritelec
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi all,

I'm on a Mac pro here, v10.5.8. I try downloading something (on safari) and it says verification failed.  I checked an i-mac upstairs and the same thing. 

I was able to receive the download via a zip file someone sent. (this was a couple weeks ago).

These downloads have updates which I'm trying to get. But again, I'm getting verification failed. I installed Firefox and tryed it that way, It fails and says codec overrun, failed to mount.

I have not had any download problems in the past, both with dsl or now fios except for this one.

I did alittle research and see suggestions like resetting spi or router firewalls???   How do I do that, I believe I have the Router M1424WR.     

I do believe this may be my issue. Others seem to get these downloads, but I can't on my two macs which come from this one router.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Rich

Re: On Mac 10.5.8 download Failed help please.
ritelec
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I accessed my router.  I go to firewall and there's 3 options. Max-Typ.-Min.  I put it from Typ. to Min. but download does not come thru. Is there an OFF or is Min off?

any suggestions?  It's a verizon M1242WR router.

thank you.

Hubrisnxs
Legend
The min security is the lowest setting on the mi424. Are you connected wirelessly by chance?
ritelec
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply Hubrisnxs,

Hard wired here. Ethernet.

R

Hubrisnxs
Legend

there is a slight chance that it's a config on the pc's that are common, as odd as it sounds.   Try the apple broadband tuner and let me know if it helps.  there was a recent problem like this for a couple mac users

http://download.cnet.com/Apple-Broadband-Tuner/3000-2094_4-84616.html