Ongoing Website Issues - Multiple Inquiries w/ Verizon - No Solution in Sight
jaspaussa

I am currently dealing with an issue that has proven to be tough to solve.  I am a small business owner and when I am on my home wireless FiOS network, I am unable to connect to my company’s website, admin page, or my hosting service’s control panel (scsoundmachine.com, scsoundmachine.com/admin, and cpanel1.punkmedia.co/).  These outages only occur when I am trying to connect via my home wireless FiOS network regardless of the device I am using to connect (laptop, smartphone, tablet).  I can bring any device to another wireless network and the websites connect fine.  I also connect successfully on my phone, but only if I switch off WiFi and go to Verizon 4G.  It should also be noted that not only is my home network, but also my hosting services servers are all on a Verizon internet connection.

Since my home wireless FiOS network is the primary way I connect to all of my internet items, this outage has had major detrimental effects to even the most basic functionality of my website.  Since I am unable to connect to my admin panel, I am unable to update my website at all, which I do on a regular basis.  I am also unable to receive email communication between myself and my clients, potential customer inquiries, or testimonials.  As a result, I have lost potential business.

This is unacceptable.  Plain and simple, it is unacceptable.

Over the last week and a half, I have worked with Verizon and my hosting service, Punk Media to figure out a solution.  The following has been done:

-          The websites do not connect when connecting my laptop to the FiOS router directly via network cable

-          A Verizon tech came to my home.  He reset my existing router.  He gave me a new router.  He tried port forwarding. He tried to do a hard reboot of my main Verizon Fios system. Nothing worked.

-          They tried a trace route on my system only to find out that the trace route times out after the 4th pass

-          Verizon escalated to Tier 2, which proceeded to break and rebuild my IP.  This ended up with a very temporary solution as I was able to access everything for about an hour or two only to have the system revert back to the problem.  This solution has been attempted twice with the same temporary result.

-          Verizon Tier 2 suggested that there may be an IP range block coming from Punk Media’s end, however, that can’t be the case as Punk Media has whitelisted my IP on every DNS, Web, Com3 and Email server they have worldwide.  Whenever the IP address changes, it is whitelisted by Punk Media and updated in the systems.

-          Punk Media escalated to Tier 3 support and it was suggested that my IP address was not authorized by one of the DNS servers for Verizon services.  They added the IP address to their system and white-listed it permanently.  However, the problem still persists.

-          We have also tried changing DNS settings of the router to no avail.

Since then, both myself and my representative from Punk Media has attempted to contact Verizon and place trouble tickets for this problem with no response.  These tickets were launched 2 days ago and still I see nothing from Verizon’s end.

I'm hoping maybe someone on the forums may have some suggestions or maybe someone official from Verizon may be able to get something going with this...

thanks - Jason

0 Likes
Re: Ongoing Website Issues - Multiple Inquiries w/ Verizon - No Solution in Sight
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Ongoing Website Issues - Multiple Inquiries w/ Verizon - No Solution in Sight
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

jaspaussa,

Since we have not heard from you in a while, we have closed your private support thread. It seems all is well based on your non-response. Feel free to make a new post anytime you need our help.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes